Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is this normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default is this normal?

Hi all

I have a 9 wk old male Cavalier. Ever since I have gotten him he has not done any solid poos. He has had his parvo and has been wormed. I got his first round of vaccinations 2 weeks ago, he is getting his second set this Saturday.

I am feeding him Red Mills Leader dry kibble which has water added to make it moist as he is still cutting his teeth. He drinks a good bit of water also.

He is very active and playfull so I am wondering how serious are these loose stools? There is no blood in them

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't got time this morning to write a long reply sorry (on my way out) but please get your puppy to a vet straight away. This can be serious.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

oh thanks Pauline I am going to bring the Sat apt forward to this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

when you say soft poo do you mean just soft or runny or fluid like ???

if its just soft i don;t see the need to worry its prob either done to the wornmer OR some puppy foods being high in protien ...is he a good / greedy eater ? this could be why

also at 9 weeks he won;t be yet cutting his teeth after all he has only just got them them this normally starts around 4 months
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

Its soft, sorry to sound crude but its like an ice cream that has melted in the snow except its brown!

God I know he is so young but he teeth are quite sharp already! My poor toes are not safe when he is around!

Post Thanks / Like

it sounds feeding related many pups that are greedy suffer from Mr Whippy poop ( SORRY )

his teeth are sharp becuase they come through that way its not that he is teething he already has then ....

good luck i think i might keep an eye on the amount your feeding and see if the poo firms up
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that Inca I will keep monitoring the situation, he seems to prefer 4/5 small meals a day rather than one big meal, he will have bit, have a play and then go back for another little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah when i was feeding mine and they were puppies i would feed them 3 small meals a day, to me 4/5 small meals is a bit to much. I am with inca it sounds like the food might have to much protein in it, this happened with my first dog freddie and i had to bring him to the vets and he is now on Royal Canine and loving it!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

hum will have a look at introducing that royal canine and see what its like, I only went out and bought a 4kg back of the red mills last week! I have tried the Pedigree Puppy pouches but he is not interested in them.

Post Thanks / Like

See how he gets on with red mills, he needs to stay on the same food for awhile but if u feel it is not agreeing with him change talk to ur vet about it!!

Wit fred i put him on pedigree puppy knibbles and it went straight through him as it was to strong for his little tummy!! I am sorry (for the way i explain it) but it is the same as if u eat a curry or something that does not agree with u.

PS i think we are going to need pictures soon!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)