• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is this normal?

Bella (also 9 weeks) developed a tummy bug days after we brought her home. I freaked out thinking it was a tapeworm because she dragged her bottom on the ground.

The vet examined her "sample" and cleared her of worms, and checked her temp etc.

He gave us anti-biotics to give her for a week. Sorted her out within a day or so.

Hope he hardens up soon!

Btw - Bella still drags her bottom along the ground...

hi there

Yeah Ted scoots around the floor also but he is all up to date on his worming medication. God so much to learn about dogs!

A lot of Cavs can have softish poo for the first year, or bouts of the runs. Once the current one is sorted out, maybe you should try switching to adult food? Some pups just find the puppy stuff too rich, and that can cause issues. Holly had the runs constantly as a pup - and looking back, I wonder if it was partly due to the rich puppy food. Even now she doesn't respond well to rich stuff, whilst normal adult kibble is fine.

Hi Lisa

I'm starting to wonder if its the food myself, ill wait until he is finished his tablets, although mashing them into his food is not proving very successful!

Hi Lisa

I'm starting to wonder if its the food myself, ill wait until he is finished his tablets, although mashing them into his food is not proving very successful!

pop it in some cheese or a slice of ham

i too thought it was feeding related in the first post thats why i asked if your vet had examined a stool sample i think they are quick to dish out anti-biotics IMOP

He has done 2 poos and they are an improvement!!! I swear he has been running around yapping for the last 30 mins solid, I have never seen him like this I think he is going to give himself a heart attack!

Back