Thread: How long should puppy sleep after playing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long should puppy sleep after playing?

Hi all

Sorry silly question, Ted was running around like a maniac earlier on yapping and running up and down through the kitchen and sitting room for a good 40 mins, he has been asleep since about 2, he got up for a wee and a bit of a drink.

He looks totally wiped about and was whining when he was not in my arms. He is asleep now on the couch, is this normal??? Sorry for all the questions im a first time dog mammy and I don't want to hurt this poor little fella.

Post Thanks / Like

puppies sleep for a good bit of the time so there is nothing really to worry about!! puppies are like babies poo,wee and sleeping!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

yes, i agree with coconut---puppies are like babies, and i find a lot that cavvies are like very small children. indy very often has an extreme burst of energy for 10-15 minutes before his bedtime. he'll run circles around the house, yanking up his favorite toys and growling as he runs through the rooms. he goes crazy for that time, and then poops out on the couch or bed for the evening..... ted could also have that little burst of energy just before time for bed.
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks coconut, sorry everything is new to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KimNIndy View Post
    he'll run circles around the house, yanking up his favorite toys and growling as he runs through the rooms. he goes crazy for that time, and then poops out on the couch or bed for the evening
    Thats reassuring to know, its exactly what he was like this afternoon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd highly recommend ordering this book from Amazon as it will have lots of info that is very useful to a first time puppy owner -- answers a lot of questions and gives great advice for each phase:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Before-After.../dp/1577314557
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com