• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How long should puppy sleep after playing?

Mrs Crilly

Hi all

Sorry silly question, Ted was running around like a maniac earlier on yapping and running up and down through the kitchen and sitting room for a good 40 mins, he has been asleep since about 2, he got up for a wee and a bit of a drink.

He looks totally wiped about and was whining when he was not in my arms. He is asleep now on the couch, is this normal??? Sorry for all the questions im a first time dog mammy and I don't want to hurt this poor little fella.

puppies sleep for a good bit of the time so there is nothing really to worry about!! puppies are like babies poo,wee and sleeping!!! :)

yes, i agree with coconut---puppies are like babies, and i find a lot that cavvies are like very small children. indy very often has an extreme burst of energy for 10-15 minutes before his bedtime. he'll run circles around the house, yanking up his favorite toys and growling as he runs through the rooms. he goes crazy for that time, and then poops out on the couch or bed for the evening..... ted could also have that little burst of energy just before time for bed.

he'll run circles around the house, yanking up his favorite toys and growling as he runs through the rooms. he goes crazy for that time, and then poops out on the couch or bed for the evening

Thats reassuring to know, its exactly what he was like this afternoon!

Back