• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Madison diagnosed through MRI with SM

Well. Please keep Madison in your thoughts. Next Tuesday, she's going in for a shunt/decompression surgery with Dr. Abramson. We'll keep you updated after the surgery. Thanks again for all the support.

I've just found this thread. My heart goes out to you :hug: You have a lot on your plate right now what with the baby due too. I hope everything goes well on Thuesday, sounds like you have the best care possible.

Gosh....just now catching this thread. You've already been through a lot haven't you?! The prayers and good thoughts are coming strongly from our household. I'm so glad you've found someone to give you guidance and good direction. I think that's a big part of the battle right there....it's so hard when you just don't know what to do. Sounds like you are on the right path. Prayers and good luck to you.

Thanks. It's really hard to put her under the knife when she's not doing too badly at the moment--her symptoms are mostly that of annoyance. Nevertheless, she appears more prone to sleep and treads more and more carefully with each passing month. But, what drove this decision is the fear of regret if we don't do everything within our means at this point, she deteriorates, and it's too late to do anything about it.

what drove this decision is the fear of regret if we don't do everything within our means at this point, she deteriorates, and it's too late to do anything about it.

Completely agree with you on that. I think about Natalie having Bianca's surgery done when she was only showing minor symptoms.....especially since the surgery is more successful when done before serious symptoms are showing.

Will be thinking of you next Tuesday and keeping you in our prayers. It is a courageous and loving decision to make.

You guys are great. Is there any kind of information, pictures, or videos I can gather and send to someone here or elsewhere that can be put to good use for others as they face this?

Well. I dropped her off today. She was so good. Didn't squirm or wimper when they took her off. It was so hard to do and drive back to Dallas without her next to me. Fingers crossed.

Thinking of you today. :xfngr:

I'm always interested in any videos done of symptoms, post op images, or personal case studies for my SM site. Most people find hearing about real cases and experiences to be especially helpful. :)

I have been planning a case study section for a while.

Just catching up to this thread--sending hugs and prayers your way. It sounds like little Madison is getting the very best care to be offered.:)

I'm in Dallas, too, by the way. It's very interesting (and comforting) to know that Dr. Abramson isn't too far away. :)

It was. My wife spoke to Dr. Abramson. She said the decompression surgery went better than expected and described it as a textbook case. I didn't hear a report on the shunt but we are going to talk with her tomorrow.

The surgery started later than expected. It was supposed to start at 11:30 and by 5:00-I hadn't heard from them yet. So we started to worry. But once they called, my wife and I were quite relieved. So far so good...

Just catching up to this thread--sending hugs and prayers your way. It sounds like little Madison is getting the very best care to be offered.:)

I'm in Dallas, too, by the way. It's very interesting (and comforting) to know that Dr. Abramson isn't too far away. :)

Good to hear. If you ever go to the dog park by Whiterock, let us know and we'll get our girls together with your cav.

Back