Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: Madison diagnosed through MRI with SM

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well. Please keep Madison in your thoughts. Next Tuesday, she's going in for a shunt/decompression surgery with Dr. Abramson. We'll keep you updated after the surgery. Thanks again for all the support.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've just found this thread. My heart goes out to you You have a lot on your plate right now what with the baby due too. I hope everything goes well on Thuesday, sounds like you have the best care possible.
    ....
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    You and Madison will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    8,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gosh....just now catching this thread. You've already been through a lot haven't you?! The prayers and good thoughts are coming strongly from our household. I'm so glad you've found someone to give you guidance and good direction. I think that's a big part of the battle right there....it's so hard when you just don't know what to do. Sounds like you are on the right path. Prayers and good luck to you.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks. It's really hard to put her under the knife when she's not doing too badly at the moment--her symptoms are mostly that of annoyance. Nevertheless, she appears more prone to sleep and treads more and more carefully with each passing month. But, what drove this decision is the fear of regret if we don't do everything within our means at this point, she deteriorates, and it's too late to do anything about it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    8,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what drove this decision is the fear of regret if we don't do everything within our means at this point, she deteriorates, and it's too late to do anything about it.
    Completely agree with you on that. I think about Natalie having Bianca's surgery done when she was only showing minor symptoms.....especially since the surgery is more successful when done before serious symptoms are showing.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Virginia USA
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Will be thinking of you next Tuesday and keeping you in our prayers. It is a courageous and loving decision to make.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys are great. Is there any kind of information, pictures, or videos I can gather and send to someone here or elsewhere that can be put to good use for others as they face this?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well. I dropped her off today. She was so good. Didn't squirm or wimper when they took her off. It was so hard to do and drive back to Dallas without her next to me. Fingers crossed.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You and Madison are in my prayers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •