Thread: Rapid Breathing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapid Breathing

My new baby has got very rapid breathing this evening, he has been playing and running around like mad with our other dog, would it take a while for his breathing to slow down or do puppies breathe faster anyway? I can't remember what Ashton was like at that age!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds normal to me if he was running around -- as long as it eventually went back to normal and he wasn't distressed. Be sure he has access to fresh water at all times.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Sounds normal to me if he was running around -- as long as it eventually went back to normal and he wasn't distressed. Be sure he has access to fresh water at all times.
    Agree here - remember panting is the only way a dog has to cool down
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I meant to post to update you all....

What I thought was rapid breathing was actually his normal breathing its just that I hadn't noticed it being that fast before and Ashton's breathing is alot slower!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always kinda been a dog 'observer'... and have noticed that the Cavaliers seem to breathe much 'easier' than the others... and their breathing slows waaaay down when they're sleeping, even if it's just a short nap. The Cocker has always breathed hard, and her breathing is noticeable faster than the others.