• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rapid Breathing

Cavvygirl

My new baby has got very rapid breathing this evening, he has been playing and running around like mad with our other dog, would it take a while for his breathing to slow down or do puppies breathe faster anyway? I can't remember what Ashton was like at that age!

Sounds normal to me if he was running around -- as long as it eventually went back to normal and he wasn't distressed. Be sure he has access to fresh water at all times.

Sounds normal to me if he was running around -- as long as it eventually went back to normal and he wasn't distressed. Be sure he has access to fresh water at all times.

Agree here - remember panting is the only way a dog has to cool down :)

Sorry I meant to post to update you all....

What I thought was rapid breathing was actually his normal breathing its just that I hadn't noticed it being that fast before and Ashton's breathing is alot slower!:rolleyes:

I've always kinda been a dog 'observer'... and have noticed that the Cavaliers seem to breathe much 'easier' than the others... and their breathing slows waaaay down when they're sleeping, even if it's just a short nap. The Cocker has always breathed hard, and her breathing is noticeable faster than the others.

Back