• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The funny things...

LuckysMommy

Brett, my 4 mo tri color cav does some pretty funny things. Let's see... he LOVES socks. He loves carrying them around in his mouth and laying on them, he never chews holes in them. Sometimes he will get together a whole bunch of them and just lay in the middle of the pile. He also gets possessive of them. Like last night in bed I couldn't figure out why he was growling at his sister. I turned on the light, and there was a sock! Anytime she would get near it he would growl. lol I think it is funny, but why does he do it?

Another funny thing he does is sleep on my neck. He just plops himself on mine every night before bed.

Lucky, my 10 mo blehemian cav doesn't really have any funny things she does on a reguar basis.

What about your cavaliers?

I think all Cavaliers whoo, whoo, but I love when Scout does this. She is also possessive of her toys, but I told her no growling at Breeze, if she does the toy gets taken away. She's learned.

She does love to greet me with lots of kisses and crying when I come home from work. It almost makes it worth it to go to work just for the homecoming!!!!

Elvis plays ball by himself, makes play noises, and 'prances' and 'hops' around like a puppy (he's almost 2YO).

Beauregard will want to play fetch AS SOON as he gets up. Other morning I was up early... a bit after 4am, which is a couple hours before he and the others normally get up with Jean. I turned around from putting the coffe on and there he was... bleary eyed, but sitting there with a ball between his feet waiting.

My Elja is a little weirdo with lots of funny habbits.
Every morning when I take shower she waits,partly outside/partly inside the shower(and gets wet) so she can "help" me dry my toes and legs when i´m done.(with her tounge).:eek:
She "talks"alot with me,whenever she wants something she will sort of growl deep with a deep throatsound and wag her tail .(walk,play with lazerlight,to sit on my lap etc.)
She cannot go potty in the morning without coming upp in bed with me first and nap a litlle while,so sweet and cozy:)
She is my little shaddow I can hardly go to the toilet without her(shell scrath and whine at the other side of the door)
She tucks the kids in EVERY night,walking from room to room ,jumping upp in their beds,KISSING,lots of kissing for my kids, and then she is ready to hang out with me in the livingroom.
She is such a sweetie.
She prefer to eat her food from the floor instead of from the bowl,and will pick upp the food and pu it on the floor.Sometimes when she is refusing to eat,I can change her mind by simply putting her food on the floor?:cool:

Silva is not as weird as Elja,but she is a compulsive thief though and will steal anything, anytime:)
She is also very greedy for food and can open a few drawers & cupboards in the kitchen if something smells good:D

Isn't that funny how sometimes they can be so different and then so much the same?

Our "odd" one is our ruby Isis. While all our other dogs will de-stuff a toy in no time at all, I can't ever remember Isis chewing on anything. She is the one that just carries toys around with her. You should see her crate...it's full of toys. More often than not, when she comes out of her crate, she will be carrying a toy. Even when she goes outside, if she happens to have a toy with her, she will have that toy when she comes back in the house. Then it's up on the couch with the toy; she usually then sets it down inches from her face. What I haven't figured out yet is that sometimes she will let one of the other dogs steal it, other times it's a warning to a thief to stay away. I can't figure out any kind of pattern, it can be any toy or any dog at any given time. Darn unpredictable females ;)

One thing I have to note, we normally discourage our dogs if they get in guard mode. Anything more than a half-hearted growl and the toy is taken away and nobody gets it. And they all know that Kris and I can take any toy (or anything else) at any time; if anyone growls at us, we have a Come to Jesus meeting!

One thing I have to note, we normally discourage our dogs if they get in guard mode. Anything more than a half-hearted growl and the toy is taken away and nobody gets it. And they all know that Kris and I can take any toy (or anything else) at any time; if anyone growls at us, we have a Come to Jesus meeting!

Sounds like my house, only less dogs, but when we have to have 'our meeting' I can just read it on their faces...'God I wish she would just shut up, please make her shut up'. My Newf runs to the back door trying to escape the meeting. LOL

LOL, our Meeting is really isn't as bad as it sounds! We just hold the offender by the shoulders and we have a very stern talk in a somewhat raised tone of voice. It is explained to them that they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER growl at us. As I think about it, it's been a long time since we have had a Meeting.

Haha, aren't cavs the cutest things?!

I also forgot, Brett has this thing with ears. He loves sticking his tongue deep into anyone or any dog's ear canal. It's a horrible horrible feeling to wake up to. He is getting better though as he gets older. But I always see him cleaning Lucky's ears and when I went to clean her ears out the other day, they were almost spotless! Brett's on the other hand... were quite dirty. Ha.

Haha, aren't cavs the cutest things?!

I also forgot, Brett has this thing with ears. He loves sticking his tongue deep into anyone or any dog's ear canal. It's a horrible horrible feeling to wake up to. He is getting better though as he gets older. But I always see him cleaning Lucky's ears and when I went to clean her ears out the other day, they were almost spotless! Brett's on the other hand... were quite dirty. Ha.

We get ear cleaning too! Not in a morning as a wake up call though thankfully! We get it after we have been out and returned home - you'd think we had put cheese paste in our ears when we were out the way they lick!

lucy has lots of little habits,

she has to get up beside Kieran every night to give him a night night kiss
she waits for me to come out of the shower to lick my legs and feet dry!!
she likes you to blow ais on her ears,

Megan likes to lie on your neck and her other one is to sit at the treat cupboard although she has just had one!!!

lisa

funny things that my dog do

First...the dog below is a cocker. but he is very hair and a long tail. Our baby cav is coming home next week!

1. he purrs when we cuddle
2. he like to eat and walk and drop it and sometimes pick it up to eat again ..sometimes not =( . He makes sure he can see you. if my bf or i leave the room. he will usually abandon the food. (bad table manner)
3. his favorite is science diet dental formual..coz its big like a cookie. so he will eat it. he barely touch any other type of pet food. even the more "gourmet or organic ones"
4. he makes his bad angry and loudly when we push him out of bed sometimes.
5. he sighs & grunts like a human...A LOT! Whenever things doesn't go his way he sighs! very spoiled.
6. Every morning bf need to "roll" him out of the bed. and he will sit down on first stair and walk down stairs then sit down then peepee poopoo and got wiped and jet for the bed!
7.he sleep with grandparents (both mine and bf's parents)...and he'd wake up in the middle of the night to CRY when they return to their home.

people do i have a child?

since he is not a cav i will post his foto on ".and friends Pictures of your other pets" ---u wont be disapppointed =)

My boys are quirky to say the least. They both love socks...I have made a toy that they absolutly love..i put a tennis ball in the toe of my sock and tie a knot behind the ball and they play with that for hours on end. Dudley loves to sleep on my husband's neck at night and Bailey lays on the inside of my arm with his head on my pillow. They usually wake up before the alarm goes off but they don't move until it goes off..it's like a starter pistol for them i think, lol! They both love to clean my feet after I take a shower, lol! And I've noticed the ear cleaning too, they both clean eachothers ears and then they try to clean mine..that's an odd feeling. If they want to be in my lap they both come and touch my arm with their paws and I say "Get in your spot" and they both hop into my lap and get in their spots and usually pass out, lol!

...as you can see by her picture, Lacey also loves socks. When we get home she gives 'puppy hugs' where if you pick her up she will put her paws on each side of your neck and then put her neck on your nose and mouth - you can hardly breath while she's madly wagging her tail.

Whenever we feed her we have to put some food on the floor..she stares at it for a minute, then eats it, then eats out of the bowl.

Our "odd" one is our ruby Isis. While all our other dogs will de-stuff a toy in no time at all, I can't ever remember Isis chewing on anything. She is the one that just carries toys around with her. You should see her crate...it's full of toys. More often than not, when she comes out of her crate, she will be carrying a toy. Even when she goes outside, if she happens to have a toy with her, she will have that toy when she comes back in the house. Then it's up on the couch with the toy; she usually then sets it down inches from her face.

It seems, Bruce, that you may have a Clumber in Cavalier clothes. :) Hadley, our Clumber Spaniel, would not think of going out to pee or poop, or greeting a guest, or going from downstairs to upstairs, without a stuffie or a ball in her mouth. Most Clumbers are like that. There are folks who show Clumbers in Conformation who have to remove the stuffie just before they go in the ring. Now our Bud Bud loves to retrieve stuffies but only if he is relatively sure that treats will be involved.

Back