• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vitamins to give or not to give?

cricket865

How many give vitamins? What for and do you see a difference from not using them?

Cricket

Maci (choco-lab mix) :dogwlk:and ? puppy cav b*n*n*coming in February

If you feed a good food-- it is thought to be overkill. But if my dog is- healing or has special needs, I will give a supplement occasionally.

Thanks Woodhaven. I read somewhere that vitamin E is beneficial for their hearts and coat. Was wondering if there is any truth to that.

Hi

We just started giving our Cav cod liver oil tablet in his dinner and an evening primrose. This is all we give him at the moment as he gets plenty of veg etc with his dinner and has fruit as treats. Sometimes we think he will outlive all of us with such a healthy diet he is on compared to us humans that he owns :D

I agree with Sandy. If you feed a good premium grade dog food you would not need any supplements unless the dog has a dietary problem.

I have a couple of middle age dogs (that are still heartclear) so I started giving an occasional vitamin that has vit e, taurine, co-q10 etc... It is made for heart, eye, liver, kidney functions.

i give holly one evening primrose oil everyday. I have seen a great inprovement in her coat, it is a much deeper, richer chesnut brown and less coarse

cod liver oil daily, evening primrose of flaxseed oil with a veggie mush/offal day- also kelp, alfalfa, brewers yeast - ground with pestle and mortar and put into their veggie mush meal.

Back