• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Could you help please?

kaytee576

Hi, I am sorry to ask a difficult question but I have been all over the internet and cannot find the answer, and typically I have just got home from a visit to the vets and dont want to ring her and bother her again, I was reading through my kaytee's notes I have a copy of and wonder if you know what these things are? ANY help will do as makes no sense to me!
THANKS

It mentions Tracheal Palpation resulted in coughing episodes, What is Tracheal Palpation?

Pulmonary hypertension (Is this to do with the heart as she has a murmur?)

THANKS SO MUCH XX

Hi, I am sorry to ask a difficult question but I have been all over the internet and cannot find the answer, and typically I have just got home from a visit to the vets and dont want to ring her and bother her again, I was reading through my kaytee's notes I have a copy of and wonder if you know what these things are? ANY help will do as makes no sense to me!
THANKS

It mentions Tracheal Palpation resulted in coughing episodes, What is Tracheal Palpation?

Pulmonary hypertension (Is this to do with the heart as she has a murmur?)

THANKS SO MUCH XX

The first bit I would assume means she coughs when they touch her throat

Tracheal palpation does mean that she coughs when the vet presses on the trachea (windpipe).

Pulmonary hypertension means that due to the floppy heart valve (causing the murmur) a little bit of blood is going backwards in the heart with each beat. This leads to blood backing up in the lungs and this is increasing the blood pressure in the lungs. Over time this could lead to the fluid being forced out of the lung blood vessels into the air spaces causing pulmonary oedema (water in the lung) and a cough.

Hope that helps!!

Tracheal palpation does mean that she coughs when the vet presses on the trachea (windpipe).

Pulmonary hypertension means that due to the floppy heart valve (causing the murmur) a little bit of blood is going backwards in the heart with each beat. This leads to blood backing up in the lungs and this is increasing the blood pressure in the lungs. Over time this could lead to the fluid being forced out of the lung blood vessels into the air spaces causing pulmonary oedema (water in the lung) and a cough.

Hope that helps!!

That helps so much THANK you, she has a cough :( she is on frusemide and vetmedin I hope this is what is needed to treat the ubove, thanks again xx

Both those medicines are exactly what she needs to treat the cause of her cough. Good luck with your babe xxx

Back