Thread: Chappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Chappie

Hi, My Kaytee has Irritable bowel diease and she has been on a food called wainwrights for 6 months, it is similar to james wellbeloved but a lot more affordable, but lately kate has become sickly again
    I saw my vet today and she recommended feeding a food called chappie, I am not so sure though, she says a lot of people use it for dogs with IBD but I never liked it for it is bulked with cereals?
    Have you ever used it? thanks xx

Post Thanks / Like

Many vets recommend Chappie, which used to be thought of as a cheapie, and Butchers Tripe, even for puppies (instead of brands like pedigree puppy food) as they are less purging and have few , if any additives.

I've only used Butchers (It's the original and with chicken varieties recommended, not the new rich dinners or with gravy types) as Chappie does rather smell of fish. These two have also been recommended for convalescent dogs, when fresh chicken is not available. Both can be fed as a complete diet. ie no need for biscuits.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've also heard that..... Chappie and Butchers for poorly dogs if chicken is not an appropriate food 9i.e if they are allergic).

Chappie does smell very fishy!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)