Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humping post neutering!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I shouldn't be bothered cos its normal doggie behaviour... but I find it kind of gross!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jake, without fail, will hump his puppy dog after grooming. We just tell him "get a room!!"
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

We have 3 cavs in the family and no humpers, they did it for about 6- 12 months on and off when babies but were distracted where possible with a toy or command and seem to of stopped all together after 12 months of age.
    Luvzcavs xx
    Harry (tri) and Digby (blen).

Post Thanks / Like

You know Theresa, I found it gross too! Luckily Brett stopped that behavior.

I remember the first time he mounted Lucky. It was the second day we had him. I was in shock when I saw what he was doing. Lucky threw him off and he fell into a pile of my clothes and just continued humping the pile of clothes. I was like, "Oh no! I'm not ready for a boy doggy." Haha... After a few days of Brett humping Lucky, I saw Lucky get on top of Brett and give him a good humping. Ever since that day... there has been no more humping! So I guess Lucky taught him a lesson.

I heard it can be a dominance thing. And I think that in my case, that is what it was.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like in your case it WAS a dominance thing!! This doggie has just been neutered though after spending his whole life as a stud dog. My friend has seen him and says it's not as bad as it has been made out to be. I pick him up tomorrow.

Do you think our early experiences as girls (with boys) maybe colour how we feel about these things? I still find it gross but maybe that's my catholic up-bringing..... (no offence to any catholic cavvie lovers!!) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Cessa humps (and she's a she). We're pretty sure that it's a dominance thing since she humps at my husband but not me, and I'm the "top dog" as far as she's concerned--I do more of the training and grooming and my husband does more of the cuddling and playing. She just started a few weeks ago as she started showing the early signs for going into heat.

He's getting her to stop by pulling her off and saying no and walking away when she starts--hopefully she'll get the message soon.

I don't find it gross, just sort of embarrassing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poppy
    Has tried getting friendly with a large fluffy toy banana whilst Daisys taken a fancy to a soft toy hedgehog ,i wonder what they think when they look at them.Theres quite a few stuffed toy dogs i have had to put away for safe keeping but a banana beats me , any ideas anybody ?. Oh both girls were spayed last Oct ,so its not a problem just amusing except when i buy play things for them i then have to give it a bit more thought or try to visualise items through Poppys eyes.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha this post is sooo funny

I remember seeing Harvey's full man hood during a teddy humping session and I was so horrified.

We threw the toy and it stopped and didn't get replaced. We have now got Bella much to his delight and he enjoyed trying to mount her for all of 24 hours. She then mounted him and does it on a daily basis. It's definately a dominance issue with them. Unfortunately for Harvey it may only get worse after Friday when he gets snipped he may get even more humping from Bella when they are back together. Hope it doesn't do him too much psychological damage!!
    Emma and Renco Harvey & Bella's mum & dad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    I wonder why Pops is tring to domianate a yellow banana ,oh well must be a reason somewhere.?
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

So after all that worrying I went to pick up the male tri colour cav today and he hasn't tried to hump ANYTHING at all!!! Typical, what a waste of good worrying!! Mind you he has only been here a few hours!! The thing is, having seen him, I wouldn't mind if he did hump something (although I'd still rather it wasn't me!)

We are fostering him but he is sooooo cute!! I'm thinking are 3 dogs too many???? It's only a small terraced house...but he's quite little! Help!