Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pee bath

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pee bath

Hi all, I am at a loss!! Lance is peeing all over himself and I dont know how to teach him how to pee the right way. Lance, is only 9 mo. old, male and does not lift his leg...yet. Every time he pees (and this is no exaggeration ) it goes all over his chest and front leg's. So the question is, how do I teach him to pee the right way without peeing all over himself? Any suggestions, please help!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem with Cooper.He's almost two.He lifts his leg and still soaks himself every time he pees.I put him in the sink and wash him off.He's always shivering from being wet.You would think he would figure it out.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

It is not something you can really teach, I guess to get technical on the matter make sure his hair at the tip is kept a little longer this acts like a spout for the urine to run down. Check the end of his penis and make sure all looks normal and other than that maybe keep some cleaning wipes on hand. Proper doggy ones not human ones. They are not that expensive and would save the effort of a bath too often which will have its downside for both of you. Good luck with it, I have 2, 5 year old males and occasionally one of them will still make a mess on his tummy so it may not get much better (sorry to be the voice of doom).

"He's always shivering from being wet.You would think he would figure it out." .... Michael, I hope you are joking, as if not that is not good
    Luvzcavs xx
    Harry (tri) and Digby (blen).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luvzcavs View Post
    I guess to get technical on the matter make sure his hair at the tip is kept a little longer this acts like a spout for the urine to run down.
    I thought this too, but Oakley's "spout" was just retaining pee and making him smell more. I have cut the spout off and he is peeing on his legs much less and smells much better
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Dylan only wees on his front leg when he cocks his leg so I have actually managed to teach him to squat again. He would sometimes squat so I gave him lots of praise for this and say uh uh when I know he is about to lift a leg. Thank goodness he learns quick, it was driving me crazy. When we are out and about though, he likes to mark and he will get a little on his legs, it stinks because he isn't neutered. I am going to get him done one day.

You can trim the tummy hair, get someone to hold him and trim off everything that looks a little yellow!!
    Last edited by *Pauline*; 20th January 2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Well...this is frustrating !!! I was hoping that once he lifts his leg this would end, or at least minimize the soaking...
    Lance's daddy is now talking about getting him a "rain coat". He iis searching on the net and has found nothing that would protect both his chest/tummy and complete legs....any ideas?
    Thanks all for the replies..Its seems that Lance is destined for constant baths

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can get full coats - someone posted a link - give me a few minutes and I'll find it
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like

When he was younger I had the problem of Barney smelling horrible, I cut his little palm tree off (the hair on the end of the penis) and we have not been bothered by the smell of wee anymore. Hope you get sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freesia View Post
    , I cut his little palm tree off
    That made me laugh - little palm tree
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsmum View Post
    You can get full coats - someone posted a link - give me a few minutes and I'll find it
    This is the site

www.equafleece.co.uk
    Kirsty