• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Wainrights treats

merlinsmum

Just been to Pets at Home to get some butchers pouches for the boys "tasty toppings" and got some Wainrights Dried Liver treats. Having jsut let them have one each before tea time - I think this is the treat that Oakley is going to respond to:) yay!

I like wainwrights it is pretty good and affordable, I will definitely check these treats out, a personal fave of mine is JWB biscuits but £1.99 a pack and four dogs isn't good!
Hope your baby's enjoy the treats! xx

Hi
Barker and Barker liver treats worked wonders at Puppy And Good Dog classes for both Poppy and Daisy.

Forgot to add - they were £11 for a thousand - with free delivery!

According to the panflet that came you can give them 170 tabs a day!

I have a free sample if anyone would like to try them :)

I make my own dried liver treats - and the dogs love them. Much cheaper than buying them too!

You can use as much liver as you like - I usually use two packs from Morrissons.
Bring the liver to boil in enough water to cover it - boil rapidly for about 7 minutes. Drain - you can use the stock on the dogs dinner or in a casserole! - and leave to cool. Once cool, cut up into pieces - about 2cm squares.

Place on a non stick tray and put in a low oven - about 140C for about 1 1/2 hours - this is the hardest bit, the dogs are going nuts by now!!

Once dry, leave to cool and then store in a air tight contaiiner. They keep up to a year but won't last that long!!

if they are not dry enough, they will develop a white bloom in a couple of days - just put them back in the oven for 1/2 hour and they will be fine.

Easy to do once you are in the habit...

I don't think you can have cooked them for long enough Kirsty - I've only ever had one batch go mouldy adn that was because they were not dry enough.

Do try again, they are so much cheaper...

Actually I should add that I tried to do them when I had my old cooker that used to smkoe out the kitchen within 5 minutes - so maybe it will work better now I have a new cooker ( the one Joel bought me Christmas 2006)

Back