• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Almost Four

Brian M

Hi
First a thank you to Karlin for the superb calendar that was received today, pls be assured it will have pride of place (not seen it yet but Dawn phoned to day how good it was) and especially so as my wife said the first pic is of a little blenheim girl named Daisy and so be it one of my girls is just 12 months ,and a blenheim named Diasy.
One of the ladies at work has a Llasa called Max who this morning was having his haircut and as i was popping out i said i would pick him up, so i made my way over to Wallasey and as i was talking to my wife on handsfree missed a turning so as i continued down a busy road waiting for a break in traffic to do a u-turn suddenly out shot across the road a blenheim cavalier which was just narrowly missed by three cars. I pulled over to the other side of the road got out at a safe distance and slowly approached him , just then out he went again back over the road again just missing more cars , and now with loads of people watching us but no helpers. Again i very carefully didanother u-turn and got out of the car by this time there a lady trying to call him but he seemed so nervous ,i went back to my car for a biscuit and tried to tempt him with an idea to capture him and pop him into my car (it helps having three crates in the back of the crv),he crepy slowly forward grabbed the dog biscuit and just then from the side road 50 mtrs up a woman started calling him and off he went.There was no way i was going to leave it at that so i drove up to her and enquired if he was OK to which she said "Oh he got out from the back garden , i got him from another woman hes a rescue and had been mistreated" .With time pressing and i still had to go for Max i left it at that, but back at work and thinking about it and i know approx where she lives its got me thinking maybe shes that woman and wants to get shut of him, he looked so sad and when i think of my three who are treated like royalty (and deservedly so) with not a want for anything i am thinking shall i call back and just enquire if i can help or would i be poking my nose in. So Poppy ,Daisy and Rosie came oh so close to having a big brother and i would have had some explaining and pleading with my boss at home.

He probably did get out from the garden and is hopefully a well loved dog, but I think you should go back and ask if you can have him!! You will just be worrying about him otherwise and if she says no because they love him, then you will feel ok!

That's my advice for what it's worth!!!! :)

Oh please keep up updated. If he got out once, I would be so afraid he will get out again. judy and dixie

There was another thread a while back where someone asked for a dog who was kept in the garden and the owner agreed to let them have it. I don't want to get your hopes up but I do believe you should go with your gut feelings. What's the worst that could happen, if they say no you have to assume they do love and want the dog.

Hi
Just a note i am going to call tomorrow and see whats going on so i will post again and so it could possibly be 4 by Friday night, but i will definately find him and if need be buy him if hes available but of course not wanted ,but either way i would totally disagree with him being a garden dog if thats where hes kept.

rubys mom

hope you get him no cav should ever be left in the garden if there a chance of getting out near a busy road there just to trusting and could end up hurt they need love love love:luv: well mine dose anyway:p:mexwav:

Good on you for following in hot pursuit. I'll watch this thread and await the outcome, definately cause for a nosey parker investigation on this one, hopefully it will have a happy ending either way. :xfngr:

HI
Just quick update on the wandering cavalier i came acros the other day, i called round to the house late on friday surprisingly found it first go knocked at the door and initially no answer but i could here a cav outside barking, my knocking grew louder ( by then i was almost round the back to see if i could get in or at least see what it was like there) ,then the door opened it was the same woman that was in the street the other day so i introduced myself and enquired if she was the owner of the cavalier i almost knocked down the other day (even though it was not me but i thought to try and gain her confidence) and that if the dog was injured in any way for her to be assured either i or my insurance would take care of any bills.So now she was on my side i enquired how long she had had the dog and where did he come from to which she replied one of her younger sisters bought him but soon lost intrerest and didnt treat him well and kept him outside, while she keeps him in and hes been chipped and neutured and hes with the kids most of the time but the kids 9 & 10 really love him So not a lot i could do but i did give her a card and said if she ever gets fed up pls call and i am sure we could come to some agreeable arrangement poss i could buy him and give him a good home and would she mind if i popped in say every month or so and hello.
So it may not have ended just call every month and see what happens

Oh well at least you have peace of mind. I'm glad the little dog is ok. Hope you are not too disappointed. Maybe you can offer to doggie sit if they go on holiday, that way you get a little time with this dog you have obviously fallen for ;):rolleyes:

Back