• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy daycare made me feel uncomfortable

bellacherie

I took Bella to meet a puppy daycare place close to where I live.

As I walked in (it is at a house) there were dogs barking and a neighbour yelling at them to 'shut the *&%^ up.'

The whole operation *felt* like a shambles to me. It was not properly fenced. The stairs were not blocked, and I could see plenty of places Bella could get herself into trouble. They also had their own dog, who was very agressive towards Bella.

I really wouldn't be comfortable leaving my puppy there.

I dont know if I'm being unreasonable.

Is it just me or do you expect the best for your pups?

I'm currently looked at a slightly more expensive place.

I would not leave Lucky there either.

Sounds like a shoddy operation. the Doggy Day care near my place is run by Lucky's vet so I feel very safe. and when they walk the dogs, they walk them on 2 leashes. They even have web cams so you can watch during the day.

If you feel uncomfortable I say go with your gut. You are right in being picky & wanting the best for Bella.

If I didn't feel comfortable with the place there is NO WAY I would leave my puppy there....go with your gut instinct. Bella is way to precious not to have the best. judy and dixie

Yes, you are both right.

Even as I was sitting with the woman I was thinking to myself *I will just come home to Bella during my lunch break that day* so she doesn't have to come here.

I was only intending to send her one day a week (the day I work a whole day). But now I am thinking of taking her to a more expensive place for a half day, and then take her home, then come back to work.

I seem to be able to justify anything to make myself feel better about her safety and wellbeing....I think I'm in puppy love.

Yes - that's just it - I would worry myself sick whenever I left her there.

Now comes the delicate task of telling the lady that she wont be coming....

You have to do what's right for you and Bella.

As far as the "delicate task" goes, if you don't want to be direct, you might want to say that you've arranged other care for Bella with a friend and thank you for your time.

Is doggy day care a regulated activity where you live? If it is and you felt that the place was unsafe, you might want to let someone know.

That doesn't sound like a place I would leave Scout. Like others said you will worry all day about how she is being treated. Keep looking you will find another place, but this place doesn't sound like the right one. Plus I'd be worried about what the neighbors would do.

Definatly dont leave her there. Go with your gut.
The first place ginger used to go to started to bother me, she wasnt there for long at all before I found another place down the street. Small dogs only under 25lbs, webcam, and max 25 dogs, 4 staff at all times. Even then I was nervous to leave her there and worried most of the day at the beginning, but now she loves it and I know they treat her very well there.
Good luck! And I agree with the pp, say you made arrangements with a friend or family instead- if you dont want to be flat out honest!

That operation sounds very unprofessional. Nope, don't leave your dog there. Follow you instincts and find one that you are comfortable with.

Back