Thread: Sacramento CA: Cavalier/Cocker mix - a real doll

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sacramento CA: Cavalier/Cocker mix - a real doll

Petfinder has a little guy that is a cocker/cavalier mix - appears to be all black. I thought maybe someone in the Sacramento, CA area might be up to either fostering or adopting this beauty.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10104693

I don't know if I shared this with all of you but this fall we added another girl to our little harem. Josie was in a kill shelter in northern Indiana and was due to be uthanized. She had been in the shelter for over a month and was completely traumatized. A fellow foster mom called me and asked if I could go get her - I hit the road a few minutes later. The dog I picked up was a bag of shaking bones. Skinny, scared to death and unresponsive. My intent was to foster her until she could gain some weight, regain her confidence and be ready for a new home. Thirty minutes into the 3 hour drive I knew she wouldn't be going anywhere. As we traveled down the road Josie reached from the back seat and put her paw on my shoulder and pressed her sweet face against mine. This little girl had been kept in someone's backyard in a cage. She, at barely 2, had already had at least 2 litters. Josie has proved to be the most amazing dog I have ever had the honor to share my home with AND the little guy on this link is her double (except Josie's tail had been docked). I hope someone will give him a chance.
    JaneB
    The love you receive from a dog can be surpassed by no other.

Post Thanks / Like

What a little doll. Good for you Jane with Josie. She sounds just wonderful.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

What a lucky girl she is
    Best wishes from Islandica´s Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Awww she is adorable
    Owner of Four Cavaliers
    Rosie(Ruby) Emily(Blenhiem) Buddy (Black and tan) and Roxy (tri colour)

Post Thanks / Like

What a doll, I hope someone helps him out of the shelter!!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Put him on a plane, I'll take him!!! I can't believe the shelter would put down such a beautiful dog!!