• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sick puppy...again.

wildandcrazyguys

Ok, I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my Bailey throwing up his food. Well I took everyone's advice and I've been slowly adding the dry kibble to the wet food they were eating and today I have hit a big road block...Bailey was the one that was sick the last time but today Dudley has thrown up after both meals. The throw up looks just like his food...ground up goo...and smells just like the food. He eats and throws up 3-4 hours after eating and he's pooping what he does digest I'm guessing since he's still going outside and pooping. So what am I doing wrong? Do I need to get him to the vet? He's acting normal, playing and fussing with his brother. When he gets sick he's usually asleep and he wakes up gagging kinda and pukes. Sorry for being so blunt but I figured the more detail I gave the more help ya'll might could give. Thanks!
P.S.
One more thing, both boys have started losing their front teeth..they are a little over 4 months old. Could that be a factor?

i did read your post the other day. but not being a doggie owner i had no advice for you. i'm glad they know why they are throwing up though. i hope they get over it quickly.

I've not been about for the last few days. Glad you got the boys seen by the vet - at least you have a reason now - but stick to the diet that you had started them on :)

I'm just adding a little more kibble each day. How many meals should they be getting each day? I've been feeding them twice a day but could a reason they are getting sick is that they are getting too much food per meal? Should I divide it into 3 meals a day? I just hate them getting sick. They never feel bad before or after they get sick..they just puke and go on with what they were doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

They will be 18 wks tomorrow and I'm feeding them 1 oz of solid gold cow tripe and 1 oz of pumpkin and 1/4 cup of kibble per meal..(the 1/4 cup was what they were fed today, I add a little more each day and take away a little more tripe and pumpkin). They also get Solid Gold Sea Meal added everyother day.

Could they be eating their food to quickly? Are they chewing their food. I had a rescue that used to eat her food so quickly and swallow with out chewing that she used to vomit back her food.

Back