• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Who was it who had the 'baby grow' for after the 'op'?

Emma n Renco

I thought that was a genius idea and Harvey is having his op tomorrow. I don't want him walking round with the cone on his head and want to get the baby grow for him instead but don't know what size to get him.. we aren't even at real baby stage yet so I am new at these things :) Also how long does he need to be kept away from the wound?

Thank you...

It was me......and here is Ellie wearing it on the day of her op.... I bought a size 6-9 months old......Just faster a popper on either side of the tail...

babygro.jpg

Oh GOSH! What cute cute photos :) Thanks for the posts. Will get Harvey a blue one so as no to give him a complex and post a photo of him in it.....

I now use it after I have bathed Ellie.....I dry her with the hairdryer until she is almost dry, then pop the babygro on her. It makes her fur lie down .
She doesn't mind wearing it :) :rah:

Here's Lucky in his after his surgery - his is a 24 month one. What I did was measure him, neck to tail, and then go to the store (Target in the US) and got a couple onesies that looked like they were the right size and then went to the stationary department and got a ruler and measured them. :) Worked perfectly. He was 18 inches.
Lucky-79.jpg

He had 2 undescended testicles, and 3 incisions, so I still used the cone on him when I wasn't home, but he ws more comfortable in this when I was home. :)

I just went to the local charity shop and they had a whole bin of them, three for a euro or something like that, so I got a bunch of sizes. Just cut a hole for the tail and you can unsnap and roll it up like a t-shirt for walks/toiletting. It is a good idea to measure as it is easy to get sizes that are too small! I tend to find you only need them for about 3-4 days but I've never had a dog that bothered the stitches much anyway.

thats a really awesome idea!
aww...im so glad i dont have to make lexi wear that hideous cone when its her time to get spayed :eek:
ughh...im nervous about it already.
my poor baby, in SURGERY! acckk!

I have a confession to make :) - we had both Star and Ruby spayed shortly before they turned six months old. We didn't use the collar or a onesie on either one, because neither of them ever bothered their stitches. Actually, their stitches were internal, with the incision "glued" shut. My vet says I am bad, bad, bad.icon_devil

I did have a reason, though - one of our cats had to have surgery several years ago after he ate some ribbon (our house is now baby-proofed for this guy; he goes nuts over any string, ribbon, etc). He had to wear the collar for a really long time, and it caused a sore on his neck, and eventually a small bald spot. That's why I tried going with nothing for the girls.

But as they say, don't try this at home... :winkct:

Back