• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Has any experienced this??

Sue.k

Last night Lucy was licking her paw, then she started licking it really hard and her whole body shook and she started whipering. I tried to get her attention but she just kept doing it. I checked her paw and could see nothing, I trimed the hair on it and checked it again. It doesnt seem to hurt her when she walks though. It was like she was in a trance or something, has anyone ever seen this before?? I was really worried, I thought she was having some sort of seizure. Prince has had seizures in the past which we think is episodic falling but this was different. I recorded it on my phone in case it happens again so I can show the vet, but any advice would be greatly appreciated if anyone has experienced anything like this.

I have seen one of mine do this when he had a bee sting in his paw but he wouldn't leave and I eventually found the sting and got it out.

My only other guess is could it be a pure pleasure type whimper from scratching an itch or is it an uncomfortable whimper ??
otherwise clueless sorry

Hi Sue, I can imagine that would have been very worrying. Is she ok now? I wonder if something got between her toes & just stung the dickens out of her. Even when their feet are really trimmed back it is so hard to see through that dense hair. I hope it is a one-off.

I'd just keep an eye on it and if it happens again have a vet check her. Sometimes something gets embedded on a walk that we might not see. Also chekc her dewclaws if she stillhas them as if they are not trimmed they cn grow back into the pad. :eek: A lot of us forget to check these as they are higher than the main paw. I just found Lily's are REALLY long and she got one caught on her tags the other day so I have to give them a trim.

If there's a larger problem it will no doubt be repeated. Hopefully not! Let us know if it happens again. :flwr:

Oh good thinking about the dew claw. I trim my guys at every nail clipping session, but I am often alarmed at the fact that those ones seem to grow much faster than the others. I guess it is because they never make contact with the ground so do not get worn down like the others.

Back