• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best time to spay

Bunnylover

Hi,sorry I know this has probably been asked but I've been through posts and can't find what I'm looking for! Ruby came into season on the 28th December and finished approx 18th January.Do i book her in for her op 3 months from the start or 3 months from the finish.This does make a difference as we go on holiday so if it is 3 months from finish date that will make it much easier all round (it would be around the 23rd April) Thanks everyone

Sometimes it's difficult to know. We had booked Hermie in for spaying just under four months after the start of her first season but she came again into season just then! We were expecting 6-7 months between the seasons.

I would go 3 months off of the day she ended personally :) Every dog is different, but generally 6-7 months is a good rule of thumb, although I have one bitch that only goes 4 1/2 - 5 months between heats.

It doesn't need to be exact; most vets prefer to wait til at least 2 months after. Anytime after that is really OK; ideally in between the cycles which usually comes every 8 months or so. A month later won't matter much. (y)

Back