Thread: New rescue girl

Post Thanks / Like

Default New rescue girl

Well, the same shelter Jazzy came from called me today and asked if I wanted to be put on a list for future cavaliers that come in, I told them sure, I'd be glad to help - Their response "Great, because we've got another little girl for you" LOL This one was surrendered as a "PALM MIX" - But there's no way, I see no pom in her at all. Anyway, I picked her up today, and I have no doubt in my mind that she's a black/tan cavalier mix. Her body shape and structure, coat, and markings are all cavalier, if you take her from her neck back she looks JUST like a cavalier, but her face is definatly not a cavalier face - I'm guessing Cavalier/Sheltie mix. She's just a puppy (only about 9 months according to her surrender paperes) and was very hard to get pictures of LOL I got a few I'll try to download so people can give me their opinion on her later tonight. Anyone have any good ideas for names for her? She came with the name "Cuddles", but I hate that name! And she doesn't even respond to it, so I have no guilt changing it! She's in my lap right now, WHAT A DOLL! She's a bit timid (heck, poor baby has been through alot in the last 2 days!) but she's very very sweet, her personality and temperment is all cavalier, she reminds me in behavior so much of Amber, with the exception of her being more timid then Amber, the more time I spend with her, the more cavalier she seems!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Aww -- good for you. Pictures, please!

I'm not too creative about names without seeing her little face. I always let that be my guide!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good on you! Lucky Cuddles to have found a nice place to stay. You'll need to post pics before I can come up with a name as I'm trying to imagine what Merlin would look like with a sheltie face but just can't generate a picture
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gracie, Tasha...hmm i need a picture lol
    Kristy & Chuck Married since May 15, 2004!
    Proud Parents to Cassie 13, Kailey 12, C.J. 8, Kristopher 7
    Carly (Blenheim) Born 11/22/12! R.I.P. Chloe (Blenheim) 4/24/08~3/9/2009!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I just took pictures, now I've got to find a picture host to upload them to again LOL She is such a doll, I just can't imagine why someone abandoned her in a shelter! She's not had one accident in the house, I haven't heard her bark once, she doesn't bother my cats, gets along great with the other dogs, aside of being a little shy with new people, not being leash trained, and tensing up when she's picked up, I haven't noticed ANY behavioral problems at all, and those two things I attribute to a lack of proper socialization, with love and time, I think those will easily fix themselves. Jazzy (my other rescue cavalier mix), her, and Amber pal around together most of the time, it's really cute, it's as though they know they're cavaliers and they're different from the IGs around here!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge