• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nature's Variety

Melissa

I husband picked up a pack of the frozen lamb medallions for Maverick. He Love Love Loves them. I'm just not sure how much I should feed him. He's just over 10 months old. I also want to use up the kibble he has. He usually eat about a cup and 1/4 of that each day.

I had good luck doing 1/2 medallions and 1/2 kibble. I read somewhere never to feed both together because the kibble takes longer to digest than the raw and if they are mixed together the RAW has a higher chance of deveoping bad bacteria and making your dog sick. I know people who do mix them, but I wouldn't take the chance. I do have great results on the medallions with mine though and their poops/coats are AMAZING! Also, be careful when you give him the medallions as I know of one case where someone found a fairly large bone in a medallion. I just pick through them before I give them to the dogs and I've never had a problem. As for portion size, I find that the Nature's Variety website is pretty good and accurate when it comes to correct portion sizes. Kosmo, who is 15lbs, got 2 1/2 medallions in the AM and 1/4cup of food in the PM. :) He's also not a puppy though, and I understand puppies need more! :) Good luck!! :flwr:

Back