Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Charlie, i read your post with tears in my eyes. My heart goes out to your and your family. Take care .
    Xx a spoiled puppy lives here xX

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you all so much for your caring words about Charlie. Today we received a very special package in the mail from our vet. She is so sweet to have taken the time to make this:
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so beautiful, that's something to really treasure. How kind of her.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cathy, I have just read this entire thread now. I am so deeply sorry for you and Colin on Charlie's passing. He was so very lucky to have found such a wonderful forever home and I'm sure that in the few short months you had together he knew he was loved, adored and wanted. It can't have been an easy decision to make and I admire you so much, for having the courage to take Charlie into your home and even more for having the courage to give him his wings. I hope I can some day be as brave. Charlie was such a great dog and his story has touched all of us on this forum. Run free and pain free at the bridge little man. also to Geordie, India and Chocolate at this time.

ps what a wonderful gift from your vet. How very kind of her.
    Last edited by Cleo's Person; 13th February 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: to add the ps.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your Loss Cathy. Little Charlie has been the center of your attentions since the day he came home and it must be so hard to let him go. He was very lucky to have you the last months of his life. Our thoughts are with you. Hugs
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a wonderful vet to have taken the time to make that little tribute to Charlie's life.

I am so sorry for your loss. Although his time with you was short, Charlie touched all of our hearts and was so lucky to have found you & Colin.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been away and only just caught up with this now
    I'm really sorry to read, I can't imagine how tough maknig that decision would have been. What you did for Charlie was incredible, he was finally given a home with people who really cared and loved him. You gave him a shot at life when many others would have never even tried, doing that was incredible. I really admire you Cathy and Colin, if only more people had hearts as big as yours.
    Hope your doing ok,
    Lots of Love
    Lara and Marley
    RIP Jakey my beautiful bleinhem boy
    To all my other pets that have passed, I'll see you again until then I love you all xox

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been away for a while and have only just read this thread. Cathy, I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news, like every-one here I truly hoped that things would continue to improve for Charlie. I also have the very highest regard for you and Colin and all that you did for Charlie in the (far too few) months he was a part of your lives, you are incredible people indeed.

Run free at the bridge dear Sweet Charlie, Goodnight, God Bless You little one!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cathy, I just read this post, almost a month later. What a heartbreaking story. At least little Charlie had a wonderful, special family where he felt loved and cared for in his short little life! I will pray that you get through this difficult time and know that you absolutely made the right decision giving him his little wings so he no longer has to suffer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy - I came here to get an update on Charlie as there hadn't been one on his blog in a while and I was worried. I am so sorry that Charlie still struggled with the pain of SM and I am so sorry for your loss... Charlie was blessed that you brought him into your lives and did all you could for him. He had such a loving home for the last few months and I cannot express how much I admire you for taking him in and doing the surgery for him. It is more than I could have done and you are such a strong person and a wonderful family to do that for him. Thank you.
    I am very sorry that Charlie continued to have pain and I am so sad for your loss... I imagine he is now running without pain or hinderence, with legs that work perfectly and carry him over green fields... Running with all the other loved dogs who are now painfree thanks to the love of their owners.
    I'm crying as I write this. Charlie was such a special dog to all of us and I thank you again for all you did for him and for including us on that journey.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras