• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Charlie

Oh Cathy, I'm so very sorry.

You did so much for him, and he will thank you for ever. It doesn't matter if they're with us for days, months or years, they still leave a massive pawprint on your heart when they leave. :(

You have done a wonderful thing for him and you're an angel.

((( hugs )))

Hi Cathy,
I'm so sorry for your loss - I couldn't read the entire thread - I was following Charlies's Blog and had tears rise just seeing the title of this post. Thankfully Charlie had a lovely few months of happiness before he went to the bridge. Thanks to you and your family for giving him a great chance at life :flwr::flwr::flwr: He will always remember the love ye gave him- they were the best few months of his life :)

Cathy, we are so sorry to hear of Charlies passing, just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our thoughts at this time :flwr::hug:

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart really goes our to you and your husband, and of course Charlie. I really hope there is a pain-free place for him; these poor babies deserve peace.

I just put a message on your blog. I'm so sorry. But you gave him such a great few months. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Maria

Oh my goodness.What a shame such a sweet innocent life had to go so early :(

Ode to Charlie....

Super dog you were one of the best,
your zest for life was a cut above the rest.
A special place in my heart you`ll keep,
I understand it was time for you to go to sleep.

Your sweet little face I shall forget not,
in my memories of you I`ll always have a soft spot.
Your human mum and dad - wow they are an exceptional pair,
Cathy and Colin are angels but of that fact I think you`re already aware.

So long,farewell,handsome furry man,dont worry although I wont see you for ages,
When its my turn to arrive in heaven I`ll look you up in the canine yellow pages!

x x x

Oh Cathy , so sorry to hear this news...thinking of you.:( I was so sad to see your post.

Goodbye little Charlie you were so beautiful.

Thankyou Cathy and Colin for being so good to him and making the last few months of his short life so happy. He was lucky to have you.

Last edited:
Going to miss him

Cathy,

Thank you for give Charlie a home and love these past few months. We all loved him so much he filled our hearts, and it so sad to see him go so soon...so sad.

So sorry to hear about Charlie, i read your post with tears in my eyes. My heart goes out to your and your family. Take care .

Thank you all so much for your caring words about Charlie. Today we received a very special package in the mail from our vet. She is so sweet to have taken the time to make this:
DSC_0053.jpg

Cathy, I have just read this entire thread now. I am so deeply sorry for you and Colin on Charlie's passing. He was so very lucky to have found such a wonderful forever home and I'm sure that in the few short months you had together he knew he was loved, adored and wanted. It can't have been an easy decision to make and I admire you so much, for having the courage to take Charlie into your home and even more for having the courage to give him his wings. I hope I can some day be as brave. Charlie was such a great dog and his story has touched all of us on this forum. Run free and pain free at the bridge little man. :hug: also to Geordie, India and Chocolate at this time.

ps what a wonderful gift from your vet. How very kind of her.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your Loss Cathy. Little Charlie has been the center of your attentions since the day he came home and it must be so hard to let him go. He was very lucky to have you the last months of his life. Our thoughts are with you. Hugs

What a wonderful vet to have taken the time to make that little tribute to Charlie's life.

I am so sorry for your loss. Although his time with you was short, Charlie touched all of our hearts and was so lucky to have found you & Colin.

I've been away and only just caught up with this now :(
I'm really sorry to read, I can't imagine how tough maknig that decision would have been. What you did for Charlie was incredible, he was finally given a home with people who really cared and loved him. You gave him a shot at life when many others would have never even tried, doing that was incredible. I really admire you Cathy and Colin, if only more people had hearts as big as yours.
Hope your doing ok,
Lots of Love
Lara and Marley

I too have been away for a while and have only just read this thread. Cathy, I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news, like every-one here I truly hoped that things would continue to improve for Charlie. I also have the very highest regard for you and Colin and all that you did for Charlie in the (far too few) months he was a part of your lives, you are incredible people indeed.

Run free at the bridge dear Sweet Charlie, Goodnight, God Bless You little one! :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Oh Cathy, I just read this post, almost a month later. What a heartbreaking story. At least little Charlie had a wonderful, special family where he felt loved and cared for in his short little life! I will pray that you get through this difficult time and know that you absolutely made the right decision giving him his little wings so he no longer has to suffer!

Cathy - I came here to get an update on Charlie as there hadn't been one on his blog in a while and I was worried. :( I am so sorry that Charlie still struggled with the pain of SM and I am so sorry for your loss... Charlie was blessed that you brought him into your lives and did all you could for him. He had such a loving home for the last few months and I cannot express how much I admire you for taking him in and doing the surgery for him. It is more than I could have done and you are such a strong person and a wonderful family to do that for him. Thank you.
I am very sorry that Charlie continued to have pain and I am so sad for your loss... I imagine he is now running without pain or hinderence, with legs that work perfectly and carry him over green fields... Running with all the other loved dogs who are now painfree thanks to the love of their owners.
I'm crying as I write this. Charlie was such a special dog to all of us and I thank you again for all you did for him and for including us on that journey.

Back