• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Charlie

This is too sad. Like the rest I looked forward to hearing about Charlie's progress. I'm so glad you gave Charlie a chance for a pain free life filled with love and hope. Many hugs to you and your family, Cathy. You are a gracious angel. :hug:

Cathy and Colin, I am so sorry for your loss of little Charlie. He truly touched us all with his bravery, as did both of you with your kindness, generosity, determination...and now with your courage to make a difficult, but necessary, decision. You are in my thoughts.

Oh as soon as I saw the topic title I had to grab for the tissues :(

Cathy, you and Colin did awesome things to give Charlie a fighting chance at having a pain free life. I don't think I've ever heard a story of so much determination and love for a wee animal that did not even start out as one of yours. You've both obvisouly got enormous hearts.

Bless you for giving little Charlie the only thing that would free him from his pain... his wings. I'll light a candle for him.

Charlie....

I echo the same thoughts expressed by others who have already responded. You both gave Charlie a chance for a good life. Your kindness and care for him was amazing. I'm so sorry that this did not have a better outcome for all of you. Making the decision you made on Friday must have been very hard.

My thoughts, and those of many others, are with you.

Margaret

Oh I am so so sorry to hear this sad news. I didnt want to open the post as I was so hoping that he was over the worst.

I cannot imagine how hard the decision must have been but what a lucky little lad to have found such wonderful people who were willing to give him every chance possible.

I have so much admiration for you.

Oh Cathy and Colin, I am so so sorry, breaking my heart for you here (((((hugs))))

This is just the worst news, you tried so very hard for this wee guy, he couldn't have had better people, and I'm sure he knew that - he received so much love and care from you, I know you must be raw at the moment but think that you made his life better by being there for him and making such brave decisions, firstly to adopt him, to go ahead with the surgery and finally to let him go.

He will leave a huge hole in your hearts and lives - and those of us who have come to know him through the board.

I love the words of this:

His Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of him as gone away --
his journey's just begun;
Life holds so many facets --
this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrow and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we could know, today,
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
in the hearts of those he touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost --
and he was loved so very much.
Author -- Ellen Brenneman

Cathy and Colin, Darren, I and the boys are sending you big hugs - all I can say is that Charlie had a great last few months to have been with you and the guys... I cannot imagine how you are feeling but I am sitting here crying with a heavy heart. Charlie is not feeling any pain and watching you all. Remember the special times. With our love.

You have a big heart, Cathy. Not many would have done what you and Colin did for Charlie. You gave him the best possible life, albeit a short one. He finally got to experience what love really is.

Run free little man. :paw:

Cathy & Colin, I echo what others have said...I am deeply sorry for your loss and you did all that you could to give Charlie. As I was crying over this extremely sad news today this song kept coming to mind....and I imagine Charlie would have sung theses words to you if he could have....

How sweet it is to be loved by you

I needed the shelter of someone's arms
And there you were
I needed someone to undestand my ups and downs
There you were
With sweet love and devotion
Deeply touching my emotion
I want to stop, and thank you (MOMMA)
I want to stop, and thank you (DADDY)

Charlie was blessed to have you both as his mom & dad. Charlie was loved.

This is so sad for all. You gave him so much time and care over the recent months and I know we all hoped he would do better. :flwr: The real tragedy is that responsible and compassionate decisions were not made for him for so long prior to him coming to you, despite his suffering, which greatly reduced all his possibilities and potential. :(

Cathy, I am really sorry to hear about sweet little Charlie. Like many others, I followed his progress and was hoping that he would improve. You and your family are in my thoughts...he was lucky that you rescued him and gave him the love and caring he has always deserved for the last few months of his life.

Oh Cathy I really feel for your loss. Your fought so hard to try and give Charlie quality of life, but alas was not too be. However, you did suceed in giving him a lifetime of love in the short time that you had him and have also shown him hat love in the decision that you made in releasing him from his pain and suffering. Big hugs to you all:hug::hug:

Cathy, my deepest sympathy and admiration goes out to you and your family. What a great gift you gave Charlie even if it was for a short time. He had a forever home. Run free little angel. *ng*l*ng*l*ng*l*ng*l

I'm really sorry for your loss. I admire your dedication and efforts with Charlie. Thinking of you.

Charlie will always remain in my thoughts. I will treasure the memory of him on his blanket. Thank you for all you did for him and for sharing your very difficult journey with us

*ng*l Run Free Charlie. Enjoy all your new friends at the Bridge*ng*l

Charlie was blessed to have his last days so filled with love. I am so sorry for your loss and thank you and your family for giving him the love he deserved at the end of his life.:hug:

Bless you so much for making such a difference in sweet Charlie's life. He was so loved and so well cared for by you. You are a role model and a blessing to dogs everywhere. Charlie is playing pain-free with the other dog angels and he patiently awaits the time when he can thank you in person for all you've done for him. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} of comfort to you.

Back