Thread: Harley is not imroving

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harley is not imroving

I must say I am getting a bit worried. If some of you remember Harley has hurt his front leg at agility. He was limping once in June after a competition then he was fine for a month then after another training session he was limping then fine again. I mentioned it to the vet two weeks ago. The vet moved his leg about and since then Harley has limped constantly. First week he was on Carprofen then last week he had an Xray and there was nothing wrong with his bones. The vet thinks that it is soft tissue damage. He has been on Tramadol and Previcox for the last week and lots of rest and icepacks. He is only allowed to go in the garden. As Harley is being used to a lot of activity he is going crazy not doing anything. Not that it is making much different. The funny thing is that he could be limping for a few steps and then suddenly he is ok. Normally when he runs into the garden it gets worse. It is so hard to calm him down. I am getting worried as it has been 2 weeks now with no improvement. Does this sort of injury take this long? And I do hate not exactly knowing whatís wrong with him as Xrays donít show up muscle or tissue damage. I have a follow up appointment with the vets tonight.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sabby

I am sure he will be fine in time . As you say with soft tissue there is no way of knowing what
    progress he is making it sounds really as though it can only be more rest and I know he will
    hate that .Keep us posted about tonight .
    Last edited by Brian M; 15th August 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sabby,
    I think at this stage I'd press the vets to do a more thorough investigation.Taking him back is the right thing to do.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree that best to have it looked at..

Maybe he needs to stay off of it totally for a while?? I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I dob,t have any advice, jush hope they can figure it out so Harley doesn't have any more pain/discomfort.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart