• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Paws across the World - Special thoughts for Cavaliers and their friends

Our precious Rupert is at my vets, on a drip :( He's suffering with pancreatitis and is very poorly. He's almost 12 1/2 so it is hard for him to fight off things like a younger dog would.

Please think of him...

I'm going in to see him at 10am tomorrow morning so will update when I get back.

Thank you :flwr:

Rupert - a favourite photo taken a couple of years ago

Rupertadj074518.jpg

So sorry to hear this Nicki :flwr:
:xfngr: Rupert will be ok.

Big :hug: for you, try not to worry too much :flwr:

I'm sending heaps of good vibes for Rupert, l hope he's a bit better when you see him tomorrow :xfngr: you're both in my thoughts

Rupert is such a special cavalier, just like his Daddy.
Hoping to hear better news tomorrow.
You are all in my thoughts.

Margaret C

Oh I love Rupert, I was going to call my second Cavalier Rupert. Give him a kiss from me and I'll say a prayer for him. He's so beautiful. :hug:

So sorry to hear that Rupert is poorly, I will be thinking of him and hoping that he will soon be feeling better, :flwr::flwr::flwr:.

Thank you so much everyone - I've been in to see him this morning - actually sat with him in the kennel for about an hour and half, as everytime I went to go, he just looked at me :(

Rupert is on a drip still, he's having strong pain relief as this is a very painful condition. He's also had antibiotics and something to stop him being sick.

He hasn't actually had a meal since Thursday evening :eek: and that came back up - and out - in rather a hurry. So he's looking somewhat skinny bless him.

We have got to rest his pancreas completely so he isn't allowed anything by mouth at all, not even his heart meds {he isn't in heart failure thank goodness, but is on Vetmedin}.

The vet said he was a bit brighter first thing, but the painkillers make him very sleepy.

He's in the best place, I know that, but it's so hard to leave him there...

He was fast asleep and snoring when I left though - and has a heat pad if he wants it and a blanket from home to cuddle up to.

My vet is going back in to see him at 4pm and will update me again then.

Sorry for not posting earlier - got a bit caught up feeding everyone and with phone calls...

Rupert is doing ok, he was a bit brighter and my vet took him out for a wee.

He still won't even drink though - not tried him yet with food. He isn't vomiting anymore which is a good sign.

He is still quite sore so I guess he won't be home tomorrow unfortunately :'(

My vet is going to see him again later tonight, if there's any change I'll post, otherwise I'll post after she phones in the morning.

Thank you so much for all the good wishes.

Rupert is doing well, he is a bit brigther today. He goes out for a little walk for a potty break :) He hasn't had anymore vomiting or diarrhoea {but nor has he had any food since Thurs evening}. Going to have blood tests again tomorrow to see where we are - we need his levels to normalise before we can start thinking about bowls of water or food again...That will be the test, whether we can get him eating again :(

I sat with him for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday in the kennel :) I couldn't do that today, but my vet has been in to see him. I'm hoping to go over tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully may be able to try to feed him.

Sorry Nicki, i didn't see this until now. Me and the boys send big hugs up the M6 to you and Rupert - hope the little man feels better soon:paw:

I'm pleased to hear he's a little better today, Ive got fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow with his blood tests, sending gentle hugs his way

Rupert, I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell :( I hope as each day passes, you will improve and soon be back home .

Get well soon little man :hug::hug::paw::paw::paw:

Hoping that Rupert kicks this soon. He's such a beautiful boy and needs to turn the corner toward wellness.:hug:to you,big boy.

Just got back from a visit with Rupert - I was able to sit with him for about an hour which was nice, but was somewhat upset that he didn't manage to wag his tail - not even for Teddy {who was with me}. Rupert wags for everyone so it's hard seeing him so unhappy. Teddy got in the kennel with Rupert and cuddled up to him which was nice for both of them.

Rupert had bloods taken this morning, unfortunately the Amylase enzyme is still raised, although it has come down quite a lot thank goodness. This is the one that causes the pain, so he is a bit more comfortable now too.

He is very skinny now, and a bit weak at the back end, but I did take him out for a wee and he enjoyed being outside and getting some fresh [rather cold!] air.

He is still on a drip, and we will have more bloods taken Weds morning, and go from there. At the moment the Lipase is still quite high, that hasn't come down at all and we're not too sure why, but that one isn't quite as important as the Amylase. Rupert can't have anything to eat or drink until the Amylase normalises.

It's heartbreaking to leave poor Rupert at the vets, really hard to leave him when I come away, but I know it's for the best for now.

{I'd had to take Teddy with me, after he had been poorly overnight with dreadful diarrhoea - he was very flat, but really perked up after having some Buscopan}.

Thank you for all the good wishes and messages of support, it means a lot to us. (y)

A couple more photos of our special wee guy...

IMG_1165.jpg

adjRupert152122.jpg

Back