• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Paws across the World - Special thoughts for Cavaliers and their friends

Nicki

A thread for you to add your Cavalier or friends {human or animal companions} in need of positive thoughts, prayers or healing.
Whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs, I know we all feel better when we know that others are thinking of us and our beloved companions.

Please post as normal in the Health and diet section http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Or in the Dog and Bone pub for anyone other than a Cavalier
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Then add your Cavalier or friend’s name to this thread, with a photo as well if possible. {You can also post the link to the thread containing the full story.}

TedBear
CardTeddy220505-23-101667.jpg

Will post a link to his story later - this is an example

496622066_d6633cff61_m.jpg

Healing thoughts for Jaspar during and after his surgery Friday morning, when he gets a lump taken off his foot and biopsied. :)

Prayers and healing wishes for Madison and her decompression surgery on Tuesday the 26th of February.

For Kyla please

24Oct07-704.jpg

She has had some blood tests earlier this week, and further tests today to check for Cushings...we really hope that it will not be Cushings as this is difficult to treat and not very pleasant. Poor wee soul is absolutely starving, crying desperately when we are eating and just about taking your hand off even for boring rice cakes. Her coat has changed, and she has a few other things going on.

So please could you remember her if you are sending healing or prayers, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

What a beauty. Thoughts and prayers for you all.I hope her tests dont show anything nasty.

Doogle is my cocker spaniel. Just before Christmas there was an awful smell from his mouth, thinking it was a bad tooth, I took a look. I was shocked to find a growth like a bunch of grapes. The vet confirmed it was a tumour, a very aggresive type. He had an op and they manged to remove it but told me it had seeded all along his gums and cheek. He was doing great until Feb when I found a lump on his neck. It was the cancer, it had returned in the Lymph gland, he has had this removed but a week after the op it had returned. He is going for a check up on Tuesday. I have been told there is nothing more can be done for my boy. He is fine for now, so please say a prayer he stays in good health for a good while yet.

doogle19nov.jpg

My lovely Lucy at 9yrs had a second stroke late last night. The week before Christmas she had the first and I know we were lucky to bring her home after that. Whatever gave her the strength then to fight for life may it be with her again now. I love her so much.

Alison.

My prayers and love going out to Kyla, Sam, Doogle and Lucy.

I'm so sorry you are all suffering and wish I could take all of your worries away. Since I can't, I am sending you a big warm hug to let you know you aren't alone. :hug:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about poor Lucy that is really sad - I hope she will recover from this one too, Alison.

Karen, we're thinking about Doogle and hope he will be comfortable and happy for a long time yet.

Thinking of Sam too.

I'm thinking of Kyla as well Nicki, look for constant thirst with Cushings as well, a bowl can get emptied in moments, it's just as bad as the hunger.

Alison.

Thanks Alison, yes she is drinking a lot more too - she paces the kitchen looking for food, and just about has your hand off even for boring rice cakes - not like her at all. If it isn't Cushings, then I really don't know what's going on...

Originally posted by Cathryn:hug: :hug: to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all
Just to let all 4 beauties know that I am thinking of you and hope you will all be okay...

So a few weeks onwards our Lucy is up and about on very wobbly feet and legs. Her balance has been very much compromised and walking again has been a new challenge. We have a problem with her eyes in which one doesn't open very often now and the other one tends to flicker upwards all the time. Her vision and balance are not good which makes her giddy when moving causing some sickness. Quite a few wee's around so perhaps a little weakness there as well.
This has left her with some problems and we hope time and TLC will help her recover a little better.
Still enjoying a sleep on her sunny bench during the day and food still has a number one place on her list!

Here she is, up and about,

Image019.jpg

Back