Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Paws across the World - Special thoughts for Cavaliers and their friends

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Little Rupert.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I have you and Rupert in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets well soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for Rupert.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry for not posting earlier - got a bit caught up feeding everyone and with phone calls...

Rupert is doing ok, he was a bit brighter and my vet took him out for a wee.

He still won't even drink though - not tried him yet with food. He isn't vomiting anymore which is a good sign.

He is still quite sore so I guess he won't be home tomorrow unfortunately :'(

My vet is going to see him again later tonight, if there's any change I'll post, otherwise I'll post after she phones in the morning.

Thank you so much for all the good wishes.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rupert is doing well, he is a bit brigther today. He goes out for a little walk for a potty break He hasn't had anymore vomiting or diarrhoea {but nor has he had any food since Thurs evening}. Going to have blood tests again tomorrow to see where we are - we need his levels to normalise before we can start thinking about bowls of water or food again...That will be the test, whether we can get him eating again

I sat with him for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday in the kennel I couldn't do that today, but my vet has been in to see him. I'm hoping to go over tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully may be able to try to feed him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry Nicki, i didn't see this until now. Me and the boys send big hugs up the M6 to you and Rupert - hope the little man feels better soon
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased to hear he's a little better today, Ive got fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow with his blood tests, sending gentle hugs his way
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Rupert, I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell I hope as each day passes, you will improve and soon be back home .

Get well soon little man
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping that Rupert kicks this soon. He's such a beautiful boy and needs to turn the corner toward wellness.to you,big boy.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just got back from a visit with Rupert - I was able to sit with him for about an hour which was nice, but was somewhat upset that he didn't manage to wag his tail - not even for Teddy {who was with me}. Rupert wags for everyone so it's hard seeing him so unhappy. Teddy got in the kennel with Rupert and cuddled up to him which was nice for both of them.

Rupert had bloods taken this morning, unfortunately the Amylase enzyme is still raised, although it has come down quite a lot thank goodness. This is the one that causes the pain, so he is a bit more comfortable now too.

He is very skinny now, and a bit weak at the back end, but I did take him out for a wee and he enjoyed being outside and getting some fresh [rather cold!] air.

He is still on a drip, and we will have more bloods taken Weds morning, and go from there. At the moment the Lipase is still quite high, that hasn't come down at all and we're not too sure why, but that one isn't quite as important as the Amylase. Rupert can't have anything to eat or drink until the Amylase normalises.

It's heartbreaking to leave poor Rupert at the vets, really hard to leave him when I come away, but I know it's for the best for now.

{I'd had to take Teddy with me, after he had been poorly overnight with dreadful diarrhoea - he was very flat, but really perked up after having some Buscopan}.

Thank you for all the good wishes and messages of support, it means a lot to us.

A couple more photos of our special wee guy...