Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paws across the World - Special thoughts for Cavaliers and their friends

Post Thanks / Like

Doogle is my cocker spaniel. Just before Christmas there was an awful smell from his mouth, thinking it was a bad tooth, I took a look. I was shocked to find a growth like a bunch of grapes. The vet confirmed it was a tumour, a very aggresive type. He had an op and they manged to remove it but told me it had seeded all along his gums and cheek. He was doing great until Feb when I found a lump on his neck. It was the cancer, it had returned in the Lymph gland, he has had this removed but a week after the op it had returned. He is going for a check up on Tuesday. I have been told there is nothing more can be done for my boy. He is fine for now, so please say a prayer he stays in good health for a good while yet.

Karen and the gang

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs

Post Thanks / Like

My lovely Lucy at 9yrs had a second stroke late last night. The week before Christmas she had the first and I know we were lucky to bring her home after that. Whatever gave her the strength then to fight for life may it be with her again now. I love her so much.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers and love going out to Kyla, Sam, Doogle and Lucy.

I'm so sorry you are all suffering and wish I could take all of your worries away. Since I can't, I am sending you a big warm hug to let you know you aren't alone.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathryn View Post
    to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all

I too am thinking of you all , hopefully the morning and the coming days will bring good news for you all
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about poor Lucy that is really sad - I hope she will recover from this one too, Alison.

Karen, we're thinking about Doogle and hope he will be comfortable and happy for a long time yet.

Thinking of Sam too.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of Kyla as well Nicki, look for constant thirst with Cushings as well, a bowl can get emptied in moments, it's just as bad as the hunger.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Alison, yes she is drinking a lot more too - she paces the kitchen looking for food, and just about has your hand off even for boring rice cakes - not like her at all. If it isn't Cushings, then I really don't know what's going on...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Cathryn to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all
    Just to let all 4 beauties know that I am thinking of you and hope you will all be okay...
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

So a few weeks onwards our Lucy is up and about on very wobbly feet and legs. Her balance has been very much compromised and walking again has been a new challenge. We have a problem with her eyes in which one doesn't open very often now and the other one tends to flicker upwards all the time. Her vision and balance are not good which makes her giddy when moving causing some sickness. Quite a few wee's around so perhaps a little weakness there as well.
    This has left her with some problems and we hope time and TLC will help her recover a little better.
    Still enjoying a sleep on her sunny bench during the day and food still has a number one place on her list!

Here she is, up and about,