Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: helps! sick puppy! :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness, what a shock! Thank goodness you got onto it!

Also, just out of curiosity, from any past experiences, what do vets offer in forms of payment and is it weird that she hasn't mentioned anything about cost to me yet?
    My vet never bothers to tell me what something will cost. I guess I always hope that if it is going to be outrageous he will at least warn me. If you are worried, I can't see that there would be anything wrong with asking the vet for a balance to date, so that you have time to prepare financnes if necessary. I am sure they would rather this than have you at the last minue announce that you can not come up with the funds. If it does turn out to be something quite outrageous, perhaps they haved a system where you can pay the bill off weekly.

Does anyone know what goes on at the vets office at night? Are there people there to watch and let puppies out to potty?
    This varies from vet to vet. I guess the very large veterinary hospitals with a large staff may have overnight care, but with the smaller ones it is probably unlikely. I know how you feel! We live in a country area and our veterinary practices are quite small. Recently I had to leave Sam in overnight and I knew he was there alone. I found it very distressing, but as he was sick, I had no option. I'd love to be able to say something comforting. Again, you could ask the vets what happens at night. It may turn out you need not feel so badly about this.

I am sorry you and yours are having a bad time. I hope Piper will be home and well really soon.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts! i have brought Piper home and I'm going to post another thread with the details. Also, my vet did mention something about the overnight doctor or tech so I was glad to know that someone was there with them.

Also, about the price, I never did end up asking and I was assuming it was going to be a few thousand at best. I was pleasantly surprised to hear only 1,200.00 especially as she was there overnight five nights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So glad Piper is ok - and it sounds as if your vets are pretty reasonable!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What a relief to hear Piper is home. I'll look for your new thread. to you, your family and Piper.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'