• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Millie - Gone but not forgotten

CavyMom

Yesterday my childhood love crossed the rainbow bridge after a long battle with cancer :( Millie lived across the street from the elementry school I went to, I'd often go over and play with her as I was growing up. Millie was a pound puppy, her breed is a mystery - There was some cocker in there somewhere, but who knows what else. Millie lived a good long life - 23 years old! And even at that age, she was very active still! Her owner asked me to go with on that final trip since she knew how much Millie ment to me, I've always been the one to take care of Millie when they left town over the years, and even with her leg swollen from the cancer, she as all over the car on the way to the vet. But her quality of life was starting to slip, we knew it was time to end her suffering before she got any worse. Now she's running free, she'll never know pain or suffering again!!!! I'm sure going to miss that spunky little dog!

What a long and lovely life Millie had!! How kind of you to be with her at the end. Run wild and free Millie.

I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Millie, but what a long life she had!!! That is amazing!! It was so touching that you went with her on her final journey here on earth. What a great friend she had in you.

She was really an amazing dog! I've enjoyed growing up around her all these years, it's hitting me harder then I thought it would, probably because the last few months have been difficult, not only have I lost one of my own babies (she was stollen when my roomate let her out to go potty back in November and, so far, we've been unable to find her), my mom's dog also passed away, along with one of my rescue dogs, and now Millie. Then again, I've also had Amber come into my home in that time, and I must admit, she has made life much easier for me. She's such a comfort to have around.

I can't help but wonder how much longer Millie would have had if they had chosen to amputate her leg, but at her age, I completly understand why they chose not to. She was in great health otherwise, and even though no signs of it where found anywhere else, from experience I know that doesn't mean it wouldn't have spread to her lungs or elsewhere after amputation. I know they made the right choice, I also wonder that, if she hadn't gotten cancer, how many more years Millie would have been around - 23 is an impressive age for any dog, I've never met another dog that age that was still so active and full of life, then again, I've never known Millie any other way! She was a very special dog!

Bless her, she's playing in the sunshine now having fun, what a great age she lived till just shows how well she was cared for and loved, take care l know it's a sad time

What a Wonderful Life this little dog must have had I am so sorry
---Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Sam)

What a fantastic age for her to reach! She sounds like a really special one. I'm sorry for your loss.

Wow 23 is fantastic. That was so lovely of you to travel with her for the beginning of her journey.... and lovely that her owner asked you to be there.

Back