• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snorting

Halina

I am forever reading and trying to learn EVERYTHING about my cavalier and I read that small dogs and cavaliers "snort" when excited? What does that mean?:confused:

You can make a similar sound by pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth and making an inbreath snort.

Some cavaliers also 'talk' in out brething snorts. Izzy used to.

Thanks for letting me know. If she starts snorting I will at least know she is OK, I just couldn't understand what it was.:rolleyes:

Well I have first hand experience of a snorter and the expression is the only way to describe it is they sound like a little pig. It's really funny, when we got Bella and took her to the vets to check her over she was snorting away when she was breathing and sniffing the floor and so the vet gave her antibiotics in case she had a chest infection but she didn't and has never stopped snorting. It's very strange but brings some smiles to peoples faces as she snorts her way around the house and through the leaves....

rubys mom

always gives me a little smile when ruby dose this she dose it when we take her out :dogwlk:sniffing the grass at least i know she near me carnt mistake her little squirky sounds:luv:

sometimes our Willow goes rigid when he snorts. As though he cannot get a breath.

Our solution is a hand over his nose. After a couple of seconds it seems to sort itself out.
Tarmac used to do this too.

Guinness and Bailey will snort but not usually to this extent.

Yes, our Vet reccommended we do likewise and it really works. It can become distressing for some dogs if left unchecked they say.

Back