• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

key west

coconut

it is so beautiful here but i was out on scooters today and saw a god shop with puppies in the window:eek: there was a little freddie there but he was sold i was so upset coming out of there as all the doggies looked so sad!!!

Last edited:
Coconut - hope you're enjoying your Honeymoon! Glad we don't have pet shops like that here, I think it would really upset me.

oh my god cleo there was tears in my eyes leaving there today i have to go back tomorrow to have a look!!

Apart from that we are loving our time here and i am loving my honeymoon!!!!!!!!!a

We still have pet shops like that in the South of England - there is one only a couple of miles from me.Last I heard they were selling staffs - no papers,no chips,no jabs for £400 :( :mad: :swear:

Oh no!! Yes obviously it doesnt matter to me what you get with them as I would never entertain the buisness of buying a puppy out of a window like a loaf of bread :mad:

This happened to me in Gran Canaria last summer. Do ur self a favour, dont go back. Whats the point, ur only upsetting ur self. Go enjoy whats left of ur honeymoon.

Totally agree with Sallymum as going back will only serve to make you even more concerned, so try to enjoy what is left of your honeymoon. Where are you if it is ok to ask as I must have missed your earlier post?

I went to a Pet Shop near my sister's house at the weekend and they had 3 little Westies in there. I asked where they were kept in the evenings & weekends and she said that they used to take them home with them but they were not allowed anymore and now they go into a large room so they have space to runaround, but are all alone! I felt so sad for them all, what happens when they only have 1 left. I could have cried.

To make matters worse, she said she had 3 little Cav's coming in next weekend and was charging £650 each.

Hasten to add I wont be using that Pet Shop again.

Totally agree with Sallymum as going back will only serve to make you even more concerned, so try to enjoy what is left of your honeymoon. Where are you if it is ok to ask as I must have missed your earlier post?

I am in key west in florida at the moment, we are off to orlando tomorrow!!! yeah ok i think i will not go back!!! i really just wanted to take them all home with me

That is so distressing and can well understand how you feel. I came accross a similar situation once in a pet shop, was so distressed that I felt it should be brought to the attention of the RSPCA. Thank goodness I did and within a week the shop was forbidden to sell dogs and were threatened with closure if they didn't comply. I just could not sleep at the very thought of these creatures being neglected and left alone, so am glad I took action and could have the pleasure of seeing the results.

BTW, in case anyone is concerned, forgot to mention that the dogs in question were taken to a good shelter and found good homes. I called RSPCA to enquire about their welfare and to know what action had been taken. At least there was a happy ending. Why should these cruel people be allowed to get away with this kind of thing? Cruelty to animals in any form should not be tolerated and has to be stamped out at every given opportunity.Only last week I was left again with little option but to speak with a neighbour as tactfully as possible about the fact that her little dog was left out all day in freezing conditions and rain with little or no shelter. He cried all day long,so in the end I simply warned her that he could be taken from her if it was reported. He has since been brought indoors and I see he is now being taken for walks. What really makes such people have dogs if they either have no insight into their needs or are too cruel to care? Does it somehow make them feel powerful to be able to have such control over a defenceless creature's life or are they genuinely sick people? It is just so sad to see God's creatures treated so badly when they expect so little and give so much to humans if given the chance.

man is interested in one thing - man!

Man has evolved to be egotistical,self-centered and greedy.Man always wants more and has got to thinking he is superior.

I abhor the way the world is going.It shocks and astounds me every time I watch an advert about how bears are mistreated in some parts of europe.It kills me when I hear of puppies being dumped in a rubbish chute for instance.EVERY SINGLE TIME!!
You`d think Id have toughened up by now but no....every time I pass a deserted site I listen for pups cries.I know this sounds strange but Id hate to think there was a pup dumped and because I wasnt alert and couldnt hear him he wasnt found!Perhaps Im a little paranoid but I cant help it because I am aware it happens all the time :(

Back