• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Would like to help

tara

Hi everyone. We have decided to wait a while before adopting a puppy. After researching this breed for the past few months, and seeing what dedicated people there are out there who care about this dogs, I definately want our future puppy to be a cavalier! We set aside a little money for our puppy endeavor and I would like to donate this to a dog, group, owner, etc. in need. Does anyone know of a special situation that could use a little help (it's not much, but hopefully every little bit will count). Thanks for all your help and advice and I look forward to "introducing" our new cavalier in the future!
Tara

CKCSC's Cavalier rescue is one thought I had. They always need help with the vet bills, you should see a few of the vet bills we have had with the rescues we have had here. Just go to this web site http://www.ckcsc.org/ckcsc/ckcsc_inc.nsf/Founded-1954/rescue.html for making a donation. I'm sure others will come on here with other ideas and you will have a number of good causes to choose from. Thank you so much for thinking of the breed.

I would second Bruce's suggestion. I recently got a 14 year old wonderful black and tan boy into rescue whose owner could no longer care for him and whose family turned their backs on this poor boy. We took him in and cared for him as if he were our own, he finally got treatment for his grade 5 murmur, and when stabilized, had a dental and a cancerous growth removed from his mouth to improve his quality of life. And he's still going strong! He undoubtedly would have been euthanized by the family had we not done so. We never know what the next phone will bring us.

want to help

Thanks for the suggestions. I visited the rescue site and was really impressed with the work they're doing on behalf of these dogs. This was one time I didn't mind sending money through PayPal (some "breeders" I've come across online will actually let you point and click and buy a puppy through this method with no exchange of information!!!). Take care everyone and many thanks to Nancy for her guidance.
Tara

Back