• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

India anal op update

inca

she had the stitches out yesterday all seem fine a little over granulated but that wont show once the hair grows back the vet says she has mad a full recovery BUT is glad the op was done and said it was urgent

she hasn't been phased at all buster collar came off 10 mins after being home she is a trooper really nothing much bothers her I dred to think if this had happend to Sophie or cara they would have created and made it last months LOL

thanks for the support

I am pleased she is home safe & sound. It is such an awful feeling when they are off at the vets & nothing seems right until they are home with us.

I don't know how I missed this thread and your original one! So sorry and so glad all went well for India. Hope she is still in good health. Pippin has had an anal abcess in the past year and it ruptured..Nasty..poor little fella never complained and I didn't know he had it..I felt so guilty..They are so brave.

So glad India made it through her surgery okay! I just wondered if there are any future problems with bowel movements when the glands are removed? Are they there for that purpose or are they just a scenting gland and dogs can live fine without them? I have always had large dogs before our cavalier and they never ever had to have them expressed or were they problematic. It seems very common in small dogs to have impactions from what I have read.

Back