• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ice is nice!

Rosewoodsteel

Ice is nice ????

Charlie McFarlie loves ice :luv:.
Everytime I get a glass of juice, he's right there waiting for a small piece to chew on. I figure it won't hurt his diet so...... :rolleyes:

Do any of your guys like eating ice ?

Last edited:
You have to be careful with ice. There have been threads about it, maybe someone can find a link...I'll try.

I give my pup a single ice cube to play with. The vet said it wouldn't hurt and said it was good for his teething.

I had a search on the internet for ice and dog bloating, and the results were mixed.

Some vets saying that its a load of hogwash, and it is the speed of the eating and drinking that is the problem. - where a lot of air is swallowed in the gulping down.

Mine love ice too.I dont give them ice though ,but living in Iceland it is veryyyyy hard to make sure they dont eat ice&snow as we are basically drowning in snow & ice all winter. It hasn´t been a problem so far :dogwlk:

I asked my vet about ice, last week and he said he'd never heard of a dog having problems, though , with everything, there's usually someone having them. He says that the trouble is that people get to hear of perhaps two cases, which could be down to coincidence, anyway, and the story grows to worrying proportions, even among the veterinary community.

I have some Tesco meaty flavoured, freeze yourself ice pops for the summer. They come in ham, chicken and beef and the boys love them. (i hold on while they lick ).

Sometimes when I'm trying to put ice cubes in my glass and one falls onto the floor. Scout jumps on it like it's a piece of steak and runs into the living room with it. She plays with it and then eats some. She has such a good time.

Our dogs get an ice cube once in a while as a treat and most of them love them. You should see them all run for the kitchen when they hear the ice dispenser!! I think they play with their cube as much as they eat it. After that post about bloat a while back, we are just a little careful not to give it to them when they are hot of thirsty.

Mia loves ice, too! She thinks its a treat, though she rarely gets to eat it all--Wrigley usually snags it from her. :rolleyes:

It's been some time since I originally posted-
Charlie MacFarlie is going on 9 and still enjoying his ice.
He would be a very unhappy camper if he stopped getting his ice treats..

Back