• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Royal Canin cavalier food?

My two are on RC mini light,but I wouldn't mind trying some of this I'd have to wean pippin gradually though as he has had bowel problems in the past.

Hi
Called in today to the recently opened PAH store thats in Bromborough on the Wirral to see if they had any RC Cavalier food but no luck and from what the manager said i dont think they will be stocking it ,so i ll find it somewhere on the internet but i did buy more petstages toys and two sachets of Chicken Soup for Dogs and put i a bit over their tea ,seemed to go down fine but i think it will be a now and again addition. Took them this afternoon for a good walk along the Wirral Way it was a lovely early spring stroll with lots of other dogs to meet and sniff including a little six month Cocker who took a fancy to Daisy but i dont think she was a bit interested ,so again they have all crashed out on the bed out snoring each other while i try to watch the rugby on the telly

I feed RC too and have not been offered to trial this feed by them despite being in their breeder club etc :mad: :mad:

However, I have on more than one occassion changed the dogs over from one feed to another totally "cold turkey" and have only once had a problem with tummy upsets! Cavaliers are "dustbins" on the whole!!

Look at it this way, if you had fish and chips every single night of your life wouldn't it be boring??

gave Ashton this tonight from some free samples and he wolfed it down!:)

Only thing is that it starts from 10 months, what would be the puppy version?

gave Ashton this tonight from some free samples and he wolfed it down!:)

Only thing is that it starts from 10 months, what would be the puppy version?

The accepted RC regime is starter, Junior then Adult/Breed specific. Hope this helps??

Ok I have found it on some retail websites but not on the RC UK website!

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/your_dog/pure_breed.aspx

royal_canin_cavalier-king-charles.jpg

They list it on their French home site though:

http://www.royalcanin.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=224&Itemid=521

I can't find it in anything but the small size on retail sites. :(

We went looking for this last weekend, and couldn't find it in our area. I remember when we first brought home India and then Geordie, our breeder was feeding them RC Adult 27.

Popped into my local pet store. Just a tiny little privately owned pet shop and she did not have it in stock but was able to order it for me and as many as I wanted!
I was shocked and my dogs LOVE it:)

i'm not a nutritionist or any kind of expert but i feel a bit negative about breed specific food, eukanuba also do a cavalier and other breed specific food.
At the end of the day most dogs will eat whatever is in front of them and they are not going to be that impressed at food shaped for their brachycephalic jaw or what quality it will make their stools!

i just suspect that there maybe little difference between the foods nutritionally and its all a bit of a marketing ploy where the company get to charge you more money.

The prices are pretty much the same for breed specific to regular foods in RC's lines. I like the heart-focused additions on the CKCS food. Of course many people add things like fish oils, chondroitin etc anyway. The protein level is lower on the CKCS food as well. As I feed RC much of the time anyway I'd be happy to use a breed specific food.

The prices are pretty much the same for breed specific to regular foods in RC's lines. I like the heart-focused additions on the CKCS food. Of course many people add things like fish oils, chondroitin etc anyway. The protein level is lower on the CKCS food as well. As I feed RC much of the time anyway I'd be happy to use a breed specific food.

I would agree with this.The pet store I where I get my RC is whackers in Donaghmede . He has been trying to order it for me but at the moment it's unavailable. It is a little more expensive for the small bag ,12 euro for 1.5 kilo compared to 11.50 for 2 kilo of mini light, hopefully the bigger bag will be better value. I just ordered 2 small bags to try.He said he will keep trying and call me when it comes in. He only has a small store so he will get it as I need it as he does now with the mini light I use. I will post again if he gets it in and let you know what they think of it!

Swellpets.co.uk are offering this food half price ie for £3.99 for a 1.5 kg bag. The delivery is £4.95. If anyone is interested!! :)

Just got two small bags. The pet shop said the suppliers aren't doing larger than 1.5 kilo at the moment and may not in the future depending on sales.Anyone know if there are larger bags?

Yeah, I get 15kg bags form a supplier! Petstop in Blanch used to carry that size too. I'd try it first and see if you think it is worth making a big effort for, though -- there are lots of good foods supplied in the Cork area. I believe Arden Grange is available there and also you can get all sorts of great foods from zooplus.ie. Also many vets carry Burns.

HI
Got two small bags yesterday Poppy and Daisy are interested but Rosie not a bit , Oh Well

I think Royal Canin did a big launch of this food at Crufts...along with some other new breed specific foods. It's now available online to members of their breeder club {15kg bags}.

I'm trying my two neutered boys on it - they both love it, and seem to be able to eat more of this without putting on weight - so far! This was my worry, that the dogs who most needed the ingredients to help their hearts were the older, probably neutered dogs.

Mine used to be on Propac puppy but I am now feeding them Royal Canine Cavalier and they LOVE itElja was allways a picky eater but now she finishes every bit and licks the bowlin a frenzy when she is done:)
Their coats are better too.:)

Yes just saw it in the orchard in Celbridge but didn't buy it cos it had Poultry in it. That's chicken right??!!

Totally forgot about this thread!! :neutral: Have been using this for a little while now and my lot are doing very nicely on it, would take a lot to make me change from RC and that's no word of a lie!!:)

Bought it at the weekend - thanks for the tip about Petstop in COrk Karlin (although they didn't seem to have any JWB there) - anyway Cleo LOVES it, is now almost not eating the Hills kibble mixed in with the RC Cav kibble. - I say almost, she wolfs down the Cav food and then leave the rest for a few mins, finds us looks appeallingly at us and dains to go back and finish the Hills!

Back