Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Canin cavalier food?

Post Thanks / Like

My two are on RC mini light,but I wouldn't mind trying some of this I'd have to wean pippin gradually though as he has had bowel problems in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Called in today to the recently opened PAH store thats in Bromborough on the Wirral to see if they had any RC Cavalier food but no luck and from what the manager said i dont think they will be stocking it ,so i ll find it somewhere on the internet but i did buy more petstages toys and two sachets of Chicken Soup for Dogs and put i a bit over their tea ,seemed to go down fine but i think it will be a now and again addition. Took them this afternoon for a good walk along the Wirral Way it was a lovely early spring stroll with lots of other dogs to meet and sniff including a little six month Cocker who took a fancy to Daisy but i dont think she was a bit interested ,so again they have all crashed out on the bed out snoring each other while i try to watch the rugby on the telly
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I feed RC too and have not been offered to trial this feed by them despite being in their breeder club etc

However, I have on more than one occassion changed the dogs over from one feed to another totally "cold turkey" and have only once had a problem with tummy upsets! Cavaliers are "dustbins" on the whole!!

Look at it this way, if you had fish and chips every single night of your life wouldn't it be boring??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

gave Ashton this tonight from some free samples and he wolfed it down!

Only thing is that it starts from 10 months, what would be the puppy version?
    Proud to be owned by Ashton and Rio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cavvygirl View Post
    gave Ashton this tonight from some free samples and he wolfed it down!

Only thing is that it starts from 10 months, what would be the puppy version?
    The accepted RC regime is starter, Junior then Adult/Breed specific. Hope this helps??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Ok I have found it on some retail websites but not on the RC UK website!

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/your_dog/pure_breed.aspx

They list it on their French home site though:

http://www.royalcanin.fr/index.php?o...224&Itemid=521

I can't find it in anything but the small size on retail sites.
    We went looking for this last weekend, and couldn't find it in our area. I remember when we first brought home India and then Geordie, our breeder was feeding them RC Adult 27.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Popped into my local pet store. Just a tiny little privately owned pet shop and she did not have it in stock but was able to order it for me and as many as I wanted!
    I was shocked and my dogs LOVE it
    Owned by Tilly (blen), Jody (b/t), Pebbles (b/t), Libby (ruby) and Freddie (b/t) .... Love em! x

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not a nutritionist or any kind of expert but i feel a bit negative about breed specific food, eukanuba also do a cavalier and other breed specific food.
    At the end of the day most dogs will eat whatever is in front of them and they are not going to be that impressed at food shaped for their brachycephalic jaw or what quality it will make their stools!

i just suspect that there maybe little difference between the foods nutritionally and its all a bit of a marketing ploy where the company get to charge you more money.
    Niki Suki & Ralphie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The prices are pretty much the same for breed specific to regular foods in RC's lines. I like the heart-focused additions on the CKCS food. Of course many people add things like fish oils, chondroitin etc anyway. The protein level is lower on the CKCS food as well. As I feed RC much of the time anyway I'd be happy to use a breed specific food.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    The prices are pretty much the same for breed specific to regular foods in RC's lines. I like the heart-focused additions on the CKCS food. Of course many people add things like fish oils, chondroitin etc anyway. The protein level is lower on the CKCS food as well. As I feed RC much of the time anyway I'd be happy to use a breed specific food.
    I would agree with this.The pet store I where I get my RC is whackers in Donaghmede . He has been trying to order it for me but at the moment it's unavailable. It is a little more expensive for the small bag ,12 euro for 1.5 kilo compared to 11.50 for 2 kilo of mini light, hopefully the bigger bag will be better value. I just ordered 2 small bags to try.He said he will keep trying and call me when it comes in. He only has a small store so he will get it as I need it as he does now with the mini light I use. I will post again if he gets it in and let you know what they think of it!