Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Royal Canin cavalier food?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo's Person View Post
    Bought it at the weekend - thanks for the tip about Petstop in COrk Karlin (although they didn't seem to have any JWB there) - anyway Cleo LOVES it, is now almost not eating the Hills kibble mixed in with the RC Cav kibble. - I say almost, she wolfs down the Cav food and then leave the rest for a few mins, finds us looks appeallingly at us and dains to go back and finish the Hills!
    Typical Cavalier, voting with her tummy!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they carry the Royal Canin Cavalier 27 in the U.S.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't found it yet in the US. Anyone else?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brid kenny View Post
    Yes just saw it in the orchard in Celbridge but didn't buy it cos it had Poultry in it. That's chicken right??!!

Yes usually and Pippin has a very severe allergy to actual chicken or any kind of poultry but is fine on this food and they Love It!

Post Thanks / Like

I have called around and no one stocks it, probably because there just aren't that many cavaliers around here to make it worth their while. I am going to see if I can order some on line.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Yes usually and Pippin has a very severe allergy to actual chicken or any kind of poultry but is fine on this food and they Love It!

Oh dear, I introduced this food gradually and since sunday last they are on full cav food Unfortunatly they have started to do fairly soft (pippins is very soft) poos and have started scooting as it is sticking to their butt area ..Yuck.. I spent last night cleaning bums!

Think I may have to go back to the old reliable RC mini light and just serve it with veg as it does keep their weight down but doesn't seem to fill Pippin. Then again nothing seems to fill Pippin, if I put a whole bag down he'd probably finish it

PS. They haven't been eating anything else so I can only put it down to the change in food.
    Last edited by pippa; 12th March 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: To add PS

Post Thanks / Like

Not too soft yesterday and no dirty bums.. so I'll give it another couple of days. Checked the ingredients of cav 27 and mini light and the only difference seems to be cav 27 has tomato and egg powder in it and the rice and maise amounts are different,more rice in the cav 27...would these subtle changes really make a difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Protein???

I checked out the RC Canadian website and it doesn't look like it is available in Canada and there's no indication it will be.

I'm curious about the protein content people mentioned. Is high protein a concern when it comes to Cavaliers?

Post Thanks / Like

Asked advice from the guy in the pet shop ...he's very good and has always advised well.. He said their stomachs may just take a little while getting used to the change but they should be fine..but he said it may be the protein that the need to adjust to. The poops seem a bit firmer again today.

Post Thanks / Like

Rex didn't like it at all - it made him sick