• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cazy's On A Drip At The Vet's

misty

Cazy is poorly and it's happened so fast.

On Sunday she was sick a couple of times. Yesterday she was sick a couple more times, then she got diarrhoea. During the night the diarrhoea had more and more blood content until this morning she was passing pools of blood only.

The vet has kept her in for blood tests and IV fluids and AB's. Cazy's temp. is very low.

Cazy is so listless and ill that I'm really really worried about her.

Does anyone know the cause of a low temperature? Is it just another way of a body 'coping' with infection?

I'm panicking :(.

Am sure you must be going out of your mind with worry. I do not know what a low temp means but just wanted to send you & Cazy lots of good vibes to get well soon.

Keep us updated x

I'm sorry to hear about Cazy. I'm sure she's in good hands with your vet, though I understand why you're so anxious. Have you heard anything yet?

I'm sure others around here may be able to answer your questions about her temperature.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and Cazy.

Poor lamb, lots of good vibes being sent Cazy's way l hope she's feeling better soon :xfngr:

Oh that is so terrible -- you must be so worried. It sounds like it could be bleeding gastroenteritis -- it can quickly get very bad. When it becomes severe a dog can go into shock and that can cause a drop in temperature (hypothermia).

My Lily has had bleeding gastroenteritis before but not to where it became really serious.

More information:

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/dogdiseasesh/a/HGEindogs.htm

There are other things that can cause bloody diarrhea as well but this is probably one of the more common causes. I am sure your vet is working hard to figure out what might be the cause. :xfngr:

How old is she? I presume she has been vaccinated against parvo, leptospirosis etc? Those are other possible causes of gasgtric bleeding but would be less likely.

Let us know when you hear anything and hoping all will be well. :flwr:

Oh no....so sorry to hear this. You must be sick with worry. Glad she's at the vet's though and being attended to. Praying that everything will be okay.

cazy

hi....

we went through a bout of HGE in late november with our rescue. it was really scary but with three days in the local animal hospital he was just fine. it also developed very quickly...just a little sick and then blam....really, really sick.

glad you were there to get her into the vet. if it is HGE that's really the key to treatment.

hope all is getting better now.

margaret

poor cazy! i hope that she is doing much better. i would be in bits with worry---our thoughts are with you and cazy. please let us know how she is doing when you can. i know it's difficult and frightening when your furbaby is very ill---i hope that your vet is a supportive one and i'm sure they'll get to the bottom of this soon:flwr:

How is Cazy doing? Hope she is improving. Sending you my best wishes for Cazy's speedy recovery :hug:

Hope she is well soon. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for a speedy recovery..xx

Thanks for everyone's concern.

I'm waiting for today's update :(.

She was wagging her tail last night according to the nurse, which was believe me a MASSIVE improvement.

when I spoke to the vets this morning, they were going to try and see if she'd eat anything, and then wait to see what comes out the other end.

Missing her like mad, but I know she's in the best place and I'm just so relieved I got her to the vets when I did.

She's up to date with all her vax (started them from scratch in October when we got her) + flee'd/wormed up to date.

Thx again everyone. x

Thank God you acted so quickly with Cazy. It must have been terrifying for you. So glad to hear that she is improving. Fingers and paws crossed here for a full and speedy recovery.
Get well soon Cazy :lotsaluv::hug::hug:

I've thought about her all day too! Glad to hear she seems to be improving. Crossing my fingers she continues to get better.

OH Fran I'm so sorry to hear this - very big ((((hugs))) to you Cazy and Jennifer, you must have been out of your mind with worry.

She is in the best place - thank goodness you got her there so quickly, as this can get very nasty if left untreated.

I really hope she will continue to improve - sending all our love - and Teddy sends extra big kisses.

Have added her to paws acorss the World

Thanks everything so very much.

Cazy is responding to everyone's positive thoughts and is apparently eating and drinking normally now.

She can't come home until she does a normal poo - and she hasn't poo'd since her admission, bless her! She's loving her walks round the field according the vet nurse, who also reports that Cazy is a darling and no trouble at all (but we knew that, didn't we?).

Will update when I know more.

Back