• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Male or female?

Girl or Guy?

• Girl

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Guy

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

jeffgre

Just curious as to the proportion of guy/girl posters on the forum.
Seems to me more girls than guys post.

I love our 13 month old ruby Cav "Reg" to bits, more than I thought possible with a dog in fact
He has worked out so well that we are getting a friend for him on Tuesday next week
An 11 week old B & T female called Sally
But I dont know how the ownership of cav's sits with my carefully cultivated image of an unshaven, anti social [theoritically] Harley riding biker ;)
I think I got it all wrong somewhere and maybe I should have got a pit bull !! LOL
I dont know how I show my face in public!

But I dont know how the ownership of cav's sits with my carefully cultivated image of an unshaven, anti social [theoritically] Harley riding biker

I'll bet he fits just perfectly!! And my macho man hubby would agree :cool: I'm still amazed at how proud my husband is of "my" dogs. That's what he tells people when they ask him if he lets the dogs off-leash when he walks them "heck no, these are my wife's dogs and she'd kill me if anything happened to them" :) He's not fooling me....they are as much his dogs as they are mine.

:rotfl:

I think there are about half a dozen to a dozen guys who post to the forum either regularly or now and then. Definitely outnumbered! :)

Ha, I know what you mean. It took 2 years of talking about Cavaliers, how cute, how smart, how cuddly, how portable, how travelable, etc etc, with my loving, but macho husband. We have always had BIG dogs, yellow lab, german shepherd, aussie shepherd.

Well, I took him to the Eukanuba dog show in Long Beach for a (fun outing) and that is where we met our breeder and he was introduced to the Cavalier. Anyway, my hubby is the same as Cathy's husband, in that he tells the neighbors on walks that Dottie is "my wife's dog." But I am not fooled for a minute. She has him wrapped around her little heart and he wouldn't part with her for anything. In fact, we just got her and he is already saying that it would be nice to get her a friend later on! These dogs have a way of working their magic on everyone!:luv:

My "macho" man was not interested when I first started researching Cavs. He'd always be a German Shepherd, Lab kinda guy. I bought my first Cav, tri male, and a year later when I started looking for a seond Cav, MACHO MAN gave me the money, no questions asked.:) MACHO MAN never allowed dogs on the furniture or in his bed. That also changed but he still wants a Harley so I don't think it's "ruined" him. ;)

I may be an exception to the rule, but I talked my wife into a Cavalier.
I printed her out some information about a year before we got Charlie and it just sat around, un read.
When my friend George bought a Cav for his daughter, he invited Jody and me over to "meet" him.
Jody fell in love with Charlie at first sight. On our way home, I told Jody that she just met our next dog. (I just had a feeling that George's wife wasn't too happy about having a puppy in the house.)
A few days later, George called and asked if I knew anyone that wanted a puppy. The rest is history......

Anyway, I'm a firewood splitting, football watching, beer (and wine) drinking, lawnmower riding GUY.

Last edited:
On a related note...

I remember when we first got Charlie McFarlie.
Within a week, I met every woman on our street. (I only knew a few before I started walking the little guy.)
Cavaliers are "Chick Magnets" !! :dogwlk:

On a related note...

Within a week, I met every woman on our street. (I only knew a few before I started walking the little guy.)

I must remember to not let Joel take the dogs out unless its dark then! We've only been engaged for just less than 2 months:p

On a related note...

:lol:

I remember when we started to think of another dog after losing Rebel(our German Shepard), I was thinking along the lines of a Bulldog, Staffie or DDB, having always had big dogs in the past, but Lisa was smitten with the Idea of a Cavalier, and from the moment we met Lucy and picked her out....or rather she picked us;).......well the rest is history, and I would never have another kind of smaller dog, I just love them to bits, we'l always have them now,as long as I've got breath in my lungs, and the old legs work, for me there's just no better choice out there:D.......allthough we'l always have 1 biggie:D

Back