Thread: HOMED: 2 ex breeding cavs

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOMED: 2 ex breeding cavs

In Many Tears Animal Rescue

"Petal is a very timid 5 year old ex breeding cav. She is very sweet but will need a lot of help her to settle. She will need a good patient homed, with another gentle dog to help her. She would be too scared around tiny children"

Pic of Petal can be found here http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/in...ic=46987&st=50

"Elkie is a 3 year old cav. She is an ex breeding cav who is no longer required. Elkie is a sweet, gentle soul who loves the company of other dogs. She has never lived in a house or walked on lead"

Pic of Elkie can be found on the "dogs looking for homes" section on the Many Tears Animal Rescue website

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

She has such a heart breaking expression on her face and the little dog "Poem" just above who may be homed by now. I hope they get homed soon, they deserve it.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Our first cav was Called elkie. not heard of another with the same name before

Post Thanks / Like

I keep trying to persuade my mother to get a second Cav ( i keep emailing her details & piccies of all the cavs in rescues), are cav's better off with other doggy company or are they ok on their own if theres someone at the house all day?

Theres that Alfie in Wakefield whos gorgeous, we already have an Alfie!

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that Cavs as a breed love company, and especially their own kind. This is likely to be even more the case with rescue dogs from bad breeding situation, who may well be more accustomed to canine rather than human contact. In that situation, a gentle existing dog can be a ready-made friend to help the rescue 'learn the ropes'.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Having another dog around with someone who is home most of the day is an ideal environment for any rescue from this type of background. A dog really helps the new rescue to learn the ropes and even more so when the dog has lived mostly in a cage.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rehomed

Hi

petal and elkie have been rehomed succesfully

Maxine