• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cara speaks.............Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Claire L

This morning, I'm lying in bed as usual but I haven't opened my eyes or moved so Cara doesn't know that I'm awake ;) I'm watching her out of the corner of one eye and I move just one finger and SHE'S UP :) she nudges my hand with her snout, then she leans her face in to mine and SNORTS all over me :yuk: so I turn away and tell her to go back to sleep. Usually, this works and she just lays down beside me 'til I'm ready to get up or hubby gets up. Well she must have been hungry this morning because she got down off the bed and started to whimper a little THEN.....she BARKED :rah::w**h**:...LOUD and PROUD!!!

Now I know that this might ANNOY some people but not in our house b*n*n*we were clapping and cheering......it's just so lovely to hear my girlies speak. As each day passes , I see them settle even more into our life and home and it fills me with so much joy :jmp2: I just wanted to share it with people who would understand.

I'll bet you are thrilled.

Monty was in kennels until he was 5 months and it seemed he would never bark. Then, one day, I was carefully steering my car through a chicane, in a village road, when he let out an almighty woof, that nearly made me jump out of my skin. As I'd slowed down to a crawl, a cyclist had caught up with me and dared to come close to the car.

Ha, know what you mean. So far, Dottie has been very quiet. She is just 7 months and we were outside playing laser tag in the back yard a few nights ago when Chloe, the beagle next door started WOO WOOOING! She jumped into my lap and looked at me like, what the heck is that thing over there?:eek: I didn't make a big deal out of it, and even invited Chloe over for yard games.:dogwlk: Dottie then proceeded to do one big WooooOOOOOF! You would have thought it came out of a dog more the size of a St Bernard, not a sweet little feminine pup.

We all had a good laugh and realized that she does have a voice. I think she scared herself when she did it! Now we get one or two soft barks if something startles her, then she goes back to playing and seems to care less.

Hali has just noticed that outside in the backyard she can see the neighbors so she too let out her first bark to let them know she was there. I agree, it seems odd to want them to bark because you usually want other dogs to stop barking & its odd not to have a barking dog.

When she wants to go out, she will jump on my lap, jump down and look at me. I ask her to "show me" and she walks towards the door without a bark or even a whimpter. It's just too cute but then again everything about them is "pure cute"!

:rah:cara!

We are isolated and my pup is not accustom to our out-of-town neighbors. He growled and barked so loud to warn them to stay away. It was the first time and he literally scared me out of my skin.

Oh that's wonderful, Claire! Really shows how well both of those girls have settled in with you.

That’s wonderful Claire:flwr:

I always had rehomed dogs and love that special moment when you know that they’re yours. That they feel so comfortable with you they do something that to outsiders can seem so normal but to you is such a big step. I hope you have many more special moments. :cool:

Back