• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tearing and staining

cricket865

Cross posting on this:

Looks like my new puppy has quite a bit of tearing and staining. I have read old posts and was wondering what is working for people now? How long have you used your remedy and do you see a dramatic difference. Also can I use Angel Eyes in a puppy she weighs about 9 poubds.

thanks in advance!
Cristina

When Charlie was a pup, I picked up some tear "stain remover".
The only thing it removed was a few $ from my back pocket.

We have gotten in a habit of wiping his eyes when ever they need it.
(I believe he has a bit of an allergy.)
This has cut down on the staining dramatically. :)

I have always just used a soft cotton ball or pad and either plain water or all-in-one contact lens solution (the type that can safely go in your eyes).

Some like buying various solutions instead or feeding various things --some swear a kibble change reduces tearing or adding cream cheese or buttermilk powder. I never noticed any change due to kibble or cream cheese, but generally most tearing has stopped as my dogs have gotten older. Also Lily likes to lick tearing off Leo's face and that keeps him pretty clean. :lol:

Back