Thread: Reputable Breeders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reputable Breeders?

I just got my first Cavy from a wonderful Lady by the name of [name deleted by admin, see below]. I dont have any reason to believe that she isnt an amazing breeder but I am always skeptical when buying a puppy. I am SO against BYB and PM that it would break my heart.

Has anyone ran across BYB's or Puppy Mills in MN or WI? I would be interested in knowing since I have family who is looking to purchase a puppy soon and the lady who I got mine from wont have any available for a while.

THANKS!

Carrie & Kip

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Carrie and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are focusing on a good breeders as one of the points of this forum is to support good breeders and encourage people to only seek out breeders who highlight healthy, ethical breeding. I've deleted the name of the breeder in the post above, as I do not allow discussions on specific breeders except in a general sense, especially not anything discussing if they are reputable or seeking opinions about individuals. This is because it exposes both you and me to legal risks.

People are welcome to discuss this topic privately by PM but please note I cannot allow any open discussions on named breeders or kennels or allow links to same.

When you get the chance be sure to read through the do's and don't's in the Getting Started section. You will find the reasons why I don't allow discussions of breeders (or on breeding advice). There aren't too many other guidelines beyond enjoying yourself here though!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicarrieous View Post
    Has anyone ran across BYB's or Puppy Mills in MN or WI?
    yes, I will pm you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there are byb's in Wisconsin- I've had a couple try to get me to buy their dogs for rescue. The CKCSCR doesn't buy cavaliers for our rescue. So buyer beware!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes deffinately PM me. I will be interested to hear if its a lady I am suspicious of!
    Carrie
    Kip~Tri-Color Boy
    Albie~Blenheim Boy