• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Merrick canned food question?

jld

I recently bought some Merrick canned dog food to mix with Dixie's dry kibble. It is called Wingaling and it contains whole chicken wings in it including small bones. Is that safe for our little dogs? So far, I have been taking the bones out and just giving her the chicken meat. However, if they include the bones in the can, are the dog's expected to eat them? I am just so scared she will choke. Anyone else tried this food? Thanks so much. Judy

My husband freaked out when he first saw the bones. There are two types of Merrick that have whole bones in the can. They pressure cook the chicken until the bones are very soft. As safe as they say it is, my hubby asked me not to buy it anymore.

Back