• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laser tag fun

hbmama

A couple of weeks ago we picked up a laser pen at the local PetSmart. Oh, my gosh, this has to be Dottie's ultimate favorite toy. (We call it the lazy mans "fetch" toy. We go out in the backyard at night and she literally goes nuts chasing the red dot monster back and forth all over the grass. I have never seen a dog move and maneuver as fast as she does. It is hysterical and she has a blast trying to figure out where it will pop up next.

Now, after the sun goes down, she gets all excited and flies out the doggie door into the yard and starts hunting, knowing that it is lurking somewhere and ready to be chased!!

my cats fly up walls chasing those things then they seem on end for like a week waiting for it to pop up again.

You might want to research and read about obsessive-compulsive disorder in dogs before playing games with your dog using lasers and flashlights. From what I've read, it is not good for dogs.

You might want to research and read about obsessive-compulsive disorder in dogs before playing games with your dog using lasers and flashlights. From what I've read, it is not good for dogs.

I was going to say just the same thing Cathy! The odd game is OK but don't make a habit of it, can't remember where I heard it from but it can also be dangerous if the light is shone into the animals eye's too. These pens were popular in schools a few years back too but where withdrawn when it was proven they can actually bring on epileptic fits.

Sorry if this sounds like I am being a bit of a spoilsport, it is lovely that you have found a wonderful new game with your baby, but do be careful OK??:razz::razz:

Wow!!! Thanks for the input! We are VERY careful not to shine the light anywhere near her eyes, but never thought about developing OCD in her! YIKES. Okay, sadly, her little friend will have to go. Boo!

Thanks for all of your input. Who would have thought! I even googled the subject and got the same information :eek:! That laser got tossed in the trash that very moment.

I like the idea of the bubbles....that should be great fun for her, as she is always looking for new games to play with us! That is why I LOVE this board so much. What a wealth of information from all of you who really know and love the breed inside and out and know what is safe and healthy, and also what things can be harmful. :thnx:

Yep, my first thought was everything said above. Good for you in following the advice given though. Bubbles are fun and won't cause an obsession. I have to watch Jake with things like this...a flash of light from my watch or ring or a lizard dashing across the ground and he's instantly obsessed.

Back